Travis

Re: The Stanley Cup Final thread
Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 6:07 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Those Penguins are such punks. And are those playoff beards or did they draw those on with their mommy's eye brow pencil?

LMAO!

Turtleneck wrote:

And I hate to whine, but I really miss Stevie's ability to score a goal while standing behind the net! He's just swoop it around the side, remember? And I miss Shanny.

I know..:( I miss them too! But I really, REALLY enjoy watching Pav and Hank work their magic. Those two are really amazing.

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 9:27 PM Quote
It's about time there where few hits thrown, last night was proper playoff hockey.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 11:03 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Game 7 shootout, eh? Too bad there are no shootouts in the playoffs. :P

Ya, that made no sense, but otherwise, kinda funny

Tragic news in the hockey world today
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=239196&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

I distinctly remember Luc playing for Canada at the world juniors in Vancouver a few years ago. Bc he was a Canucks draft pick, the fans loved him and chanted his name all the time. Sad loss.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 01 Jun, 2008 7:13 AM Quote
All over on Monday? Wings at home would be nice..although CRAP, i wont be home! But i wont be home Wednesday night either, and going to game 7 would be too much stress, so monday is good.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 01 Jun, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
Thank GOD we won!!! The little TV I brought to the wedding last night wasn't working really well, so I had to get updates from the bartender at the reception hall, lol! She had a TV in kitchen. :) Needles to say, she was like my new best friend for the night. Going to watch replays on NHL Network now. YIPPY!!!!!!!!!!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 01 Jun, 2008 5:51 PM Quote
The man.
http://re3.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/f11/6826837

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 01 Jun, 2008 9:11 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Thank GOD we won!!! The little TV I brought to the wedding last night wasn't working really well, so I had to get updates from the bartender at the reception hall, lol! She had a TV in kitchen. :) Needles to say, she was like my new best friend for the night. Going to watch replays on NHL Network now. YIPPY!!!!!!!!!!

JEEZE LOUISE !

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 1:18 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
The man.
http://re3.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/f11/6826837

MVP!!!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 1:51 PM Quote
I heard a cute story today. Kris Draper's kids drew "good luck" pictures for their dad and for some of the other members on the team who don't have kids. The players all put the pictures up in their lockers. The only game that Zetterberg (I think it was Zetterberg, I heard this story first thing this morning and wasn't quite awake) didn't have the picture up was game 3. They had the picture FedEx'd to Pittsburgh for game 4.

Kris will be able to take a cool picture of his new baby in the Stanley Cup. I think it was just born last Thursday.

Oh, I forgot to mention this after the last game...did anyone catch Don Cherry in that light blue jacket with the DAISIES on it???? I know he's known for his flamboyant wardrobe but that was just toooo much.

Excited for the game tonight. Stanley Cup on hand at the Joe! The Parade Company is probably scrambling to throw the victory parade together. :o)

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 2:21 PM Quote
Must be something with the Redwings and their Goalies wearing those daft helmets, I never ever liked them when I was trying different ones out when I played, although both the extra sight and lack of sweating gained from them is pretty impressive.

I'm happy though with a Goalie winning the MVP (if Ozzie Does), gotta stick together with my mofo's.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 2:40 PM Quote
Kayte, during post-game interviews in the Wings' locker room, you can see some of the cute pictures in the player's stalls. D-Mac had one that said "Good luck Daddy! Go Red Wings!" :) Too cute.

I AM SOOOOO PUMPED you guys!!!!! I have no clue how I'm supposed to work today! The TV, radio, newspapers...it's all Red Wings. I cannot wait till they drop that puck!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!! :D

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 9:07 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I heard a cute story today. Kris Draper's kids drew "good luck" pictures for their dad and for some of the other members on the team who don't have kids. The players all put the pictures up in their lockers. The only game that Zetterberg (I think it was Zetterberg, I heard this story first thing this morning and wasn't quite awake) didn't have the picture up was game 3. They had the picture FedEx'd to Pittsburgh for game 4.

Kris will be able to take a cool picture of his new baby in the Stanley Cup. I think it was just born last Thursday.

Oh, I forgot to mention this after the last game...did anyone catch Don Cherry in that light blue jacket with the DAISIES on it???? I know he's known for his flamboyant wardrobe but that was just toooo much.

Excited for the game tonight. Stanley Cup on hand at the Joe! The Parade Company is probably scrambling to throw the victory parade together. :o)

Some team did that last year too, but I cant remember who. I want to say Dallas. Hockey players and kids is always adorable.
Im sad that im not going to be home tonight, but the VCR is set up and ready to go so i can see the game and most importantly the post game celebration.
Although I must say, as a Sens fan and getting so close last year, and planning the parade in my head, im really jealous. But in a still wanting you to win kinda way :)
I just wish Shanny was still on the team. That would make me even happier

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 1:00 AM Quote
kayte , doin wash ?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 1:17 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
kayte , doin wash ?

Oh, indeed. But I don't have enough whites tonight. I'm going with red.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 2:10 AM Quote
Ugh, that second goal was bitter. I need some pizza.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:49 AM