Travis

Re: The Stanley Cup Final thread
Darran
Darran Posted Wed 28 May, 2008 9:46 AM Quote
On a lighthearted note and also a hilarous one.

Lift That Cup

And one from England, where you really should learn to keep your head. Check out about 20-25 secs in.

DUCK

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 28 May, 2008 1:13 PM Quote
Darran wrote:

Lift That Cup

And one from England, where you really should learn to keep your head. Check out about 20-25 secs in.

DUCK

Hahaha, ya, the Memorial Cup thing was hilarious. I love that the entire Kitchener crowd starts booing them.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 28 May, 2008 2:14 PM Quote
Well, I think the Stanley Cup is built to withstand some heavy-duty partying. I recall after one win, it was so sticky from the champagne spray that Stevie took it home and brought it into the shower with him. Another player put his new baby in it and had pictures taken. Actually, lots of people did. If you can put your baby in it, THAT'S a trophy!

Oh, Stevie, I do miss him. Oh Captain, my Captain!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 28 May, 2008 3:25 PM Quote
The Stanley Cup has been through Hell and back. One team (i think the Pens) threw it off a balcony into a pool and it got a big dent, Messier took it to a strip club (oh Mess), I think the Habs back in the day forgot it on a street corner or something, a horse has eaten out of it.
I have a whole book about it at home, but alas, i am at work (clearly working hard) so those are just the few i remember.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 1:12 AM Quote
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/features_hockey_article.jpg

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 3:49 AM Quote
grrrrrrrr.....

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 4:18 AM Quote
We lost on purpose ya see...we wanna win the cup on home ice. Ahhh, yes. It's all going according to plan. ;)

If I have to hear one more thing about Sidney Crosby I'm going to throw up. Did NBC really need to give us his life story between periods there? *rolls eyes*

GO WINGS!!!!!!!! (I'm bringing a small TV to my friend's wedding Saturday, LMAO)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 4:20 AM Quote
what happened Kayte ? You have no laundry to do ?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 4:27 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Well, I think the Stanley Cup is built to withstand some heavy-duty partying. I recall after one win, it was so sticky from the champagne spray that Stevie took it home and brought it into the shower with him. Another player put his new baby in it and had pictures taken. Actually, lots of people did. If you can put your baby in it, THAT'S a trophy!

Oh, Stevie, I do miss him. Oh Captain, my Captain!

Oh yes. I'll never forget the classic Steve Yzerman taking a shower with the cup story....mmmmmmm.....HUH? What? :)
Oh, he also had it on a Jet-Ski. I used to have a picture of it. Don't know what I did with it though.

I've heard some players use it as a bowl and eat out of it too.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 4:28 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
what happened Kayte ? You have no laundry to do ?

Kayte, can I drop my dirty laundry over to your house next game? I have plenty of it in a big heap on the floor in my bedroom. :D

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 4:33 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Darran wrote:

Lift That Cup

DUCK

Hahaha, ya, the Memorial Cup thing was hilarious. I love that the entire Kitchener crowd starts booing them.

OMG! I heard about this but hadn't seen the footage! Thanks for posting it, Darran...my sides hurt from laughing so hard!!! :*D*** Oh God that's FUNNY!

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 1:26 PM Quote
And the penguins make it interesting!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 2:06 PM Quote
I didn't start the washer until after the Pens scored the first goal. I kinda had to throw a weird load together really fast. Even with a family of 5, I was running out of stuff to wash. We've never had so many clean clothes!

My husband had to rush off to the hospital to visit a friend and I got the kids in bed early. When he got home, we watched the last half of the game together just like we did in days of B.C. (before children). So, despite the loss, I did enjoy the game.

Yes, we totally lost on purpose, come on! We gotta win the cup at home.

Those Penguins are such punks. And are those playoff beards or did they draw those on with their mommy's eye brow pencil?

And I hate to whine, but I really miss Stevie's ability to score a goal while standing behind the net! He's just swoop it around the side, remember? And I miss Shanny.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 4:34 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/features_hockey_article.jpg

Hahaha, Hasek has been dominating the bench alright! Im really glad he isnt playing bc he is the only thing i dont like about the Wings.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 6:04 PM Quote
Game 7 shootout, eh? Too bad there are no shootouts in the playoffs. :P

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:19 AM