Travis

Re: The Stanley Cup Final thread
minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 6:54 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Hahaha, i dont remember that at all! But it does look like he is having fun! He is permenantly portaging his canoe. I like the energetic arm swings.
I think I was busy watching my classic CBC lineup of Dr Dressup, Under the Umbrella Tree, umm Fraggle Rock, Seseme Street and Fred Penner in the 80s. Oh, and Today's Special! Wait, i dont think that was CBC. But it was fantastic none the less.

What about The Polka Dot Door?
When did Mr. Dressup become a Dr.? Ha ha! I don't remember Under the Umbrella Tree or Fred Penner. Before we had cable I used to watch Samantha Taylor on Video Hits (before we had cable, it was my only access to music videos), but alas you were still in diapers during that show. How about Degrassi Jr. High?

Haha, it so isnt Dr. I dont know where I got that from! He probably has an honourary doctorate though. That's how much he is beloved. In my head, that said Mr. Oh, LOVED The Polka Dot Door and especially Polkaroo. And the theme song. and the multilingual send off at the end!
I watched Degrassi in reruns, but its first run was a little before my time. Ocassionally catch the uber cheesy Degrassi the Next Generation now. SOOO bad.
So, right now the Cookie exchange thread is about hockey hair, and the hockey thread is about children's television. awesome!

Edit: Oh, and Sharon Lois and Bram! I dont know how many times as a kid i saw them, and Fred Penner in those kiddie concerts. I'm THAT cool!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 7:23 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Hahaha, i dont remember that at all! But it does look like he is having fun! He is permenantly portaging his canoe. I like the energetic arm swings.
I think I was busy watching my classic CBC lineup of Dr Dressup, Under the Umbrella Tree, umm Fraggle Rock, Seseme Street and Fred Penner in the 80s. Oh, and Today's Special! Wait, i dont think that was CBC. But it was fantastic none the less.

What about The Polka Dot Door?
When did Mr. Dressup become a Dr.? Ha ha! I don't remember Under the Umbrella Tree or Fred Penner. Before we had cable I used to watch Samantha Taylor on Video Hits (before we had cable, it was my only access to music videos), but alas you were still in diapers during that show. How about Degrassi Jr. High?

Haha, it so isnt Dr. I dont know where I got that from! He probably has an honourary doctorate though. That's how much he is beloved. In my head, that said Mr. Oh, LOVED The Polka Dot Door and especially Polkaroo. And the theme song. and the multilingual send off at the end!
I watched Degrassi in reruns, but its first run was a little before my time. Ocassionally catch the uber cheesy Degrassi the Next Generation now. SOOO bad.
So, right now the Cookie exchange thread is about hockey hair, and the hockey thread is about children's television. awesome!

Edit: Oh, and Sharon Lois and Bram! I dont know how many times as a kid i saw them, and Fred Penner in those kiddie concerts. I'm THAT cool!

Ah, memories! :) I used to watch CBC kid shows all the time! Mr. Dressup, Under the Umbrella Tree & Fraggle Rock were three of my favorites! And OMG! Sharon, Lois and Bram…and elephant! Ahem… Skinnamarinki, dinki, dink, skinnamarinki do, I love you…I love you in the morning and in the afternoon, I love you in the evening and underneath the moon… LOL! I remember the little hand movements that go along with it too! >.<

I know I'm a total cheeseball, but sometimes “The N" channel shows a marathon of Degrassi the Next Generation late at night and I’ll admit I watch them and enjoy it, lol! It’s a good show, Ok?! :P

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 7:30 PM Quote
Speaking of bad hair, I've been meaning to ask all the hockey fans...what does everyone think of Barry Melrose being named head coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning? Sucks for them. I can't stand that guy. He's so anti-Red Wing it's not even funny.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 7:32 PM Quote
it's a soda !

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 7:47 PM Quote
a-it is POP
b-ya, not a big fan of Melrose. And you are right, seriously bad hair!
c-Oh course i remember the skinamarinki dinky dink hand actions!
d-sure sure, Degrassi the next generation is fantastic, lol.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 9:46 PM Quote
Wow! It just dawned on me who Fred Penner is! Oh man...that is so old school, lol. He was the guy with the backpack who crawled through the log and sang songs out in the woods, right? I used to watch that show!

My all-time favorite is David the Gnome though. That show rocked.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 9:50 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Wow! It just dawned on me who Fred Penner is! Oh man...that is so old school, lol. He was the guy with the backpack who crawled through the log and sang songs out in the woods, right? I used to watch that show!

that is exactly who he is! it wasnt my favourite, but it was on after MR Dressup, Under the Umbrella Tree, etc, so you had to watch them all in a row.
I dont think i have ever seen Daving the Gnome.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 11:15 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:

that is exactly who he is! it wasnt my favourite, but it was on after MR Dressup, Under the Umbrella Tree, etc, so you had to watch them all in a row.

It was on Nickelodeon. Such a cute show!
Here is a link :)

There were also the Noozles.

There really should a channel for old cartoons and kids shows.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 1:00 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:

It was on Nickelodeon. Such a cute show!
Here is a link :)

There were also the Noozles.

There really should a channel for old cartoons and kids shows.

haha, it's a Miramax production!

I thought of more. The Smurfs, My Pet Monster and the Smoggies!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=M-icMm18-SI
im thinking i should start a new thread, lol

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 1:15 PM Quote
Pens lose another one: Habs sign Laraque

Jagr to play in Russia? Naslund in NY? It is going to take me half of next season to realize where everyone is playing.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 3:38 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Pens lose another one: Habs sign Laraque

Jagr to play in Russia? Naslund in NY? It is going to take me half of next season to realize where everyone is playing.

Ouch...Pens are really hurtin'.

>:)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 3:42 PM Quote
Didn't recognize Fred Penner, but I was in (ahem) high school when that was on, so I was probably watching other things. I remember a couple you probably won't. I never missed "Switchback" and "We Don't Knock" hosted by Shawn Thompson. "We Don't Knock" was a horrible show. I also will still watch Street Cents when it's on.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 3:51 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Didn't recognize Fred Penner, but I was in (ahem) high school when that was on, so I was probably watching other things. I remember a couple you probably won't. I never missed "Switchback" and "We Don't Knock" hosted by Shawn Thompson. "We Don't Knock" was a horrible show. I also will still watch Street Cents when it's on.

Street Cents was great. Well, it was in the begining, went off the air for a while and came back kinda sucky.

This relates to hockey and tv (well, actually it's an animated short movie, but whatever). Have any of you seen The Sweater? It's based on a book (The Hockey Sweater) about a kid in Montreal and all his friends have Habs Rocket Richard jerseys and his mom sends away for a new one for him, and instead he gets sent a Leafs jersey and can't possibly wear that hideous thing. As a Leafs hater, it is great. I actually didnt know that this movie existed in English until i got to highschool. It is pretty great and simple. Apperently it won a BAFTA. who knew?

Here is a link to it on youtube, but as i am at work, i have my sound off, so im not sure if it is the french or english version. The info is in english, but the title says both La Chandail and The Sweater, so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD5pctWlzpk

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 2:26 PM Quote
i'm well aware that i am just talking to myself now, but Im headed to Toronto for the day and if i didnt post this now, i would forget.
I dont know if you guys have been following the Brian Burke/Kevin Lowe story, but basically Burke has been bashing Lowe every chance he gets and blaming about 90% of the leagues problems on him. I dont dislike Burke but i definatly thinks he crosses the line a lot, especially when it comes to Mark Messier's bff! So, Lowe finally shot back:

He's a moron. He's an underachieving wannabe in terms of success in the NHL. He won a Stanley Cup? Great. I won six, if you want to count rings.

point: Kevin!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 3:05 PM Quote
I've been to Toronto once, when I was in high school. Our band went to a competition at Canada's Wonderland. We went to Casa Loma, the Old Spaghetti Factory, and the CN Tower (where I bought a whoopie cushion; it made the trip complete).

Pages Previous 1...9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:01 PM