Travis

Re: The Stanley Cup Final thread
minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 4:15 PM Quote
That was some horribly awesome singing!
Aww, Ozzie looks pretty dapper, but also kinda uncomfortable. I wanted him to tell the lady "no, you cannot pick up the Cup."
They were cute on Carson.

Also, using the Wings and Sens as my only example, there are a lot of Chris' in hockey: Osgood, Chelios, Draper, Schubert, Neil, Philips, Kelly.

That is my observation for the day.

ps- is it just me, or does the Love Guru look like the worst movie ever. Why is such crap being made about hockey? bah!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 4:37 AM Quote
hey nikki and kayte , check out your expat hommie , motownJC

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/jc.jpg

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 5:05 AM Quote
I wanna see it just because it has to do with hockey, lol! I'll let you know if it's worth it...looks kinda dumb, but you can never fully tell from previews. It might be funny.

Kristy, did you see "Miracle"? I loved it. There should be more hockey movies gosh darn it!!

:O)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 1:27 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I wanna see it just because it has to do with hockey, lol! I'll let you know if it's worth it...looks kinda dumb, but you can never fully tell from previews. It might be funny.

Kristy, did you see "Miracle"? I loved it. There should be more hockey movies gosh darn it!!

Havent seen Miracle. No offence, but movies about the success of US hockey isnt exactly a Cdn's dream come true! lol
Im quite the Mighty Ducks fan though, lol. Purely for the pure horrible cheesiness of it all! Im trying to think of other good hockey movies...well, Slapshot! Oh what is the one with Russell Crowe? Mystery Alaska? I like that one.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 2:30 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Havent seen Miracle. No offence, but movies about the success of US hockey isnt exactly a Cdn's dream come true! lol
Im quite the Mighty Ducks fan though, lol. Purely for the pure horrible cheesiness of it all! Im trying to think of other good hockey movies...well, Slapshot! Oh what is the one with Russell Crowe? Mystery Alaska? I like that one.

"Mystery Alaska"! Ooooo...I've never seen that one, and I like Russell Crowe as an actor. I just watched "Cinderella Man" last night with Mike, actually. That's a really touching movie. I think I'll rent "Mystery Alaska" tonight! "Slapshot" is classic and, yes, "Mighty Ducks" is so corny, but I loved it as a kid. LMAO...the flying V. How lame!

It's not a hockey movie, but I love the scene from "Wayne's World" where they're playing street hockey. "Car!....*move net*...Game On!" :D We used to do that every summer. And in the winter we were out on the lake.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 3:29 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

You're friends with Charles Manson? I didn't know he was a Wings fan.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 3:31 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Check out the Wings celebrating downtown at Cheli's Chili Bar with fans after the parade! They were standing on the bar and letting fans drink from the cup- so cool!!!

"We got the cup!" chant at Cheli's

Ozzie says eveyone gets a drink!

Wings singing "We Are The Champions" on the roof of Cheli's

We know how to party in The D ;)

EDIT::: OH! I finally found the interview of Ozzie and Nick on "Last Call" with Carson Daly!

And here is Ozzie lookin' sharp on the red carpet...(for Kayte and Kristy) :) Love Guru red carpet

Looks like everybody had fun.

Chris Osgood on the carpet, nice! But even so, I still prefer the jeans and T-shirt look.

I tried to find some kind of schedule of appearances for the Cup, but I was unsuccessful.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 3:39 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

What's with the pic of the Nazi and US flag in the background??

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 3:44 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

What's with the pic of the Nazi and US flag in the background??

60's political art maZn

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 4:34 PM Quote
I almost got that T-shirt but decided against it when I saw they have another official locker room shirt that's way cooler. The players wore them during the parade. It comes in both black and red and it's got the Winged Wheel on the front and the Stanley Cup on the back with all the players names on either side of it. I want one so bad, but every store I go to is either out or only has L and XL left! I did get the hat though. Its sweet. Already wore it out last weekend.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 9:01 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:

"Mystery Alaska"! Ooooo...I've never seen that one, and I like Russell Crowe as an actor. I just watched "Cinderella Man" last night with Mike, actually. That's a really touching movie. I think I'll rent "Mystery Alaska" tonight! "Slapshot" is classic and, yes, "Mighty Ducks" is so corny, but I loved it as a kid. LMAO...the flying V. How lame!

It's not a hockey movie, but I love the scene from "Wayne's World" where they're playing street hockey. "Car!....*move net*...Game On!" :D We used to do that every summer. And in the winter we were out on the lake.

Mystery Alaska is fun. Kinda cheesy as well, but definatly fun. It's strange how hockey is so deeply intwinned with television, movies, etc. I mean, Bart Simpson played hockey! And yet it remains in the background in so many markets.
"Car!" "game on!" SHOULD be a part of everyone's childhood.
59 minutes left in the work day, then off to buy Viva la Vida. wheeee.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 9:12 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I did get the hat though. Its sweet. Already wore it out last weekend.

Must have been a cheap hat if you wore it out in one weekend.
Eggs, eggs, eggs! ;o)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 9:16 PM Quote
Look what i just read:
Igor Larionov and Glenn Anderson are the two players to be inducted at this year's Hockey Hall of Fame Induction Celebration.

Yay!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 9:33 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Look what i just read:
Igor Larionov and Glenn Anderson are the two players to be inducted at this year's Hockey Hall of Fame Induction Celebration.

Yay!

Awww! Good for Igor! He was a GREAT hockey player. So smart. I <3 Igor Larionov!! He's The Professor!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 9:36 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki wrote:
I did get the hat though. Its sweet. Already wore it out last weekend.

Must have been a cheap hat if you wore it out in one weekend.
Eggs, eggs, eggs! ;o)

:D

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:51 PM