Travis

Gonna take a driving licence
Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 2:23 PM Quote
I'm 28 and I can't drive a car. Just how ridiculous is that?

Now I've finally pulled myself together and signed up for a course, beginning in three weeks. It's gonna cost me £1100 and buying a car would be waste of money, since I live so close to work and all... But I'll be able to borrow other peoples cars *mwahaha*

Provided I pass the test, of course.

Re: Gonna take a driving licence
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 2:24 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:

Now I've finally pulled myself together and signed up for a course, beginning in three weeks. It's gonna cost me £1100 and buying a car would be waste of money, since I live so close to work and all... But I'll be able to borrow other peoples cars *mwahaha*

I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck!

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 2:38 PM Quote

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 4:33 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:

heehee yep about time I'd say :-P good for you ! that would mean you can share the driving in September ! cool

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 5:46 PM Quote
Baby you can drive my car

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 5:59 PM Quote
Driving is fantastic, I love driving... not sure my passengers always enjoy it though. lol

I just got my new old car, it's lush :-)

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 6:57 PM Quote
I didn't get my license until I was 21. I was perfectly happy having others drive me around and it worked out great cos I never had to be the designated driver ;)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 8:33 PM Quote
what is going to cost 1100 pounds (i dont have a pounds key)? The classes themselves? Ahh! Thats nuts!

I think mine were like $500 for in class and in car and then $100 for the writen test and...i dont remember what for the driving test.

and, good luck! Remember, chasing cop cars is a bad idea! At least when people are watching :D

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 8:39 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
what is going to cost 1100 pounds (i dont have a pounds key)? The classes themselves? Ahh! Thats nuts!

I think mine were like $500 for in class and in car and then $100 for the writen test and...i dont remember what for the driving test.

and, good luck! Remember, chasing cop cars is a bad idea! At least when people are watching :D

Oh, it's very expensive here... You don't have any 'leaners', i.e. you're not allowed to have a relative teaching you how to drive. By law, the minimum required number of lessons on the road is 16. Furthermore, there are 4 hours where you learn to manouver, and 4 hours on icy roads. Then there's the theory, and all taxes payable when you take the test. You also need a doctor's certificate (or whatever these things are called), and a first-aid course :oS

To Sina: No, I won't be able to drive in Scotland... Even if I took the test by then, it's a lot more expensive to hire a car if you've got less than one year's experience...

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 21 May, 2008 11:42 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Oh, it's very expensive here... You don't have any 'leaners', i.e. you're not allowed to have a relative teaching you how to drive. By law, the minimum required number of lessons on the road is 16. Furthermore, there are 4 hours where you learn to manouver, and 4 hours on icy roads. Then there's the theory, and all taxes payable when you take the test. You also need a doctor's certificate (or whatever these things are called), and a first-aid course :oS

To Sina: No, I won't be able to drive in Scotland... Even if I took the test by then, it's a lot more expensive to hire a car if you've got less than one year's experience...

Wow, that is crazy expensive and very specific! Here (Canada. well, specifically Ontario, each province is different) you can take your writen exam at 16 and then thats when you can go on the road with someone with 5+ years of driving experience, and then 1 year (or 8 months if you take driving school) later you can take your road test. Then you have almost all privilleges (but you have to have 0.0 blood alcohol, and i cant remember what else) and then between a year and 5 years later you take one final road text and you are good to go forever. Or until you are old and senile and they think you are unsafe to drive!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 22 May, 2008 1:00 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

mine was free , Thank you Jerry Brown .

it helps to curse while you drive

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 22 May, 2008 8:43 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:

ah yeah I forgot. Well you're gonna be a very annoying co-driver hehehehe

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 22 May, 2008 8:51 AM Quote
good luck hanne! :)

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Thu 22 May, 2008 10:05 AM Quote
That is not that ridiculous at all, and Good Luck!! ;)

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 22 May, 2008 10:11 AM Quote
I was 26 when I took mine Hanne, it's never too late just far more bloody nerveracking! We're much more sensible drivers than these young-uns urmmmm *cough cough*

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:03 PM