Travis

   
Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
ricv64
Posts: 10115
ricv64 Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 3:55 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
That's helpful advice about the program you mentioned Kayte.

I don't know any songs that are about Austin. I searched a bit. I am sure I could find some Texas songs but I know they'll all be country and make me want to poke my eardrums out.



texas love song by Elton John


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haH-tClY8ME



or you could find some butthole surfers , hate the police by the dicks or dig up some Big Boys
 
Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 4:02 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
Nikki wrote:

LOL! Battle of the Boards! We'd so win...not even a contest. :)


errrrm, I seem to remember that a 10-minute-"documentary" film made by (and full of) Embrace message board people made it on a live DVD... (I'm not sure if the board still exists, but this would be hard to outplay ;))


dammit, we are so far behind! New goal..get FT in the next DVD! Seriously, THAT person gets major points!
 
Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 4:08 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
That's helpful advice about the program you mentioned Kayte.

I don't know any songs that are about Austin. I searched a bit. I am sure I could find some Texas songs but I know they'll all be country and make me want to poke my eardrums out.


Why do you hate country music so much? It is the music of the people, Anne.

Ummm, there is a song called Austin, but it's probably way too country for you. It's by Blake Shelton.

Elvis recorded "The Yellow Rose of Texas/The Eyes of Texas" and it's more of a fast marching song.
Texas Songs by Texas Artists
 
Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 4:15 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
That's helpful advice about the program you mentioned Kayte.

I don't know any songs that are about Austin. I searched a bit. I am sure I could find some Texas songs but I know they'll all be country and make me want to poke my eardrums out.


Why do you hate country music so much? It is the music of the people, Anne.



i hope that is sarcasm!
 
Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
ricv64
Posts: 10115
ricv64 Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 4:18 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
That's helpful advice about the program you mentioned Kayte.

I don't know any songs that are about Austin. I searched a bit. I am sure I could find some Texas songs but I know they'll all be country and make me want to poke my eardrums out.


Why do you hate country music so much? It is the music of the people, Anne.



i hope that is sarcasm!


it came outta the anglo-scots folk tradition, i e music of the people , so it's totaly travis approperate


 
Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 4:24 PM Quote
I like country music. I am not ashamed. Perhaps I should be, but I am not.
 
Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
ricv64
Posts: 10115
ricv64 Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 4:30 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I like country music. I am not ashamed. Perhaps I should be, but I am not.




it's the boots , BIG silver belt buckle and cowboy hat you worry about ?
 
Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
Nikki
Posts: 7519
Nikki Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 4:31 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
That's helpful advice about the program you mentioned Kayte.

I don't know any songs that are about Austin. I searched a bit. I am sure I could find some Texas songs but I know they'll all be country and make me want to poke my eardrums out.


Why do you hate country music so much? It is the music of the people, Anne.



i hope that is sarcasm!


Me too. lol!

PS- Kristy, I love your idea of getting FT in the next Travis DVD. That person gets major, major points! :)
 
Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 4:36 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
I like country music. I am not ashamed. Perhaps I should be, but I am not.




it's the boots , BIG silver belt buckle and cowboy hat you worry about ?


It's the whole redneck image I don't like.

Rock 'n' roll grew out of country. The roots of rock and country are intertwined.
 
Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
ricv64
Posts: 10115
ricv64 Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 4:47 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
I like country music. I am not ashamed. Perhaps I should be, but I am not.




it's the boots , BIG silver belt buckle and cowboy hat you worry about ?


It's the whole redneck image I don't like.

Rock 'n' roll grew out of country. The roots of rock and country are intertwined.


rednecks ain't limited to country
 
Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 4:51 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
I like country music. I am not ashamed. Perhaps I should be, but I am not.




it's the boots , BIG silver belt buckle and cowboy hat you worry about ?


It's the whole redneck image I don't like.

Rock 'n' roll grew out of country. The roots of rock and country are intertwined.


I like Johnny Cash, and i guess a few Dixie Chicks songs, but i cant say i like the genre. My housemate in my last 2 years of uni is a huge country fan. It's kind of hilarious.
I was scanning through the radio a few weeks ago and there was some song about checking someone for ticks. I think it might be Brad Paisley, and it was the strangest thing i had ever heard!
 
Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
That's helpful advice about the program you mentioned Kayte.

I don't know any songs that are about Austin. I searched a bit. I am sure I could find some Texas songs but I know they'll all be country and make me want to poke my eardrums out.


Have you heard Paul Heaton's God Bless Texas? It's not flattering, though.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qw1iL1BrUPw

(the start of the video isn't part of the song)
 
Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
Chiito-chan
Posts: 1635
Chiito-chan Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Chiito-chan wrote:




Hey, I have a problem: I don't find any song about Barcelona that have 4 minuts :O.


We're From Barcelona 5 minutes, 12 seconds.

We're From Barcelona 3 minutes 10 seconds

If you use one of these (or anything from YouTube) you can use a program like vidtomp3.com and then use it in a slideshow.

There's usually a thing in your slide show program where you can set it to "Fit slideshow to music" and it will automatically keep your slideshow within the music.

Thank you very much :)
 
Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
lilly
Posts: 1531
lilly Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 5:18 PM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Chiito-chan wrote:




Hey, I have a problem: I don't find any song about Barcelona that have 4 minuts :O.


We're From Barcelona 5 minutes, 12 seconds.

We're From Barcelona 3 minutes 10 seconds

If you use one of these (or anything from YouTube) you can use a program like vidtomp3.com and then use it in a slideshow.

There's usually a thing in your slide show program where you can set it to "Fit slideshow to music" and it will automatically keep your slideshow within the music.

Thank you very much :)


I think this would be perfect! ahem. I'm sure with the right pictures of FT it would be great ;D I mean, the lyrics, "Barcelona - It was the first time that we met"... perfect, aren't they? *coughs*

(hey, you're lucky! be prepared for some "oompah" music next year, there's no positive English song about my place, so FT will have to swing and sway)
 
Re: THE OFFICIAL FLAT TRAVIS PROJECT THREAD
lilly
Posts: 1531
lilly Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 5:22 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
lilly wrote:
Nikki wrote:

LOL! Battle of the Boards! We'd so win...not even a contest. :)


errrrm, I seem to remember that a 10-minute-"documentary" film made by (and full of) Embrace message board people made it on a live DVD... (I'm not sure if the board still exists, but this would be hard to outplay ;))


dammit, we are so far behind! New goal..get FT in the next DVD! Seriously, THAT person gets major points!


Yeah, that person would be admired forever and ever. She/He'd be "THE" fan. Please, someone has to do it! ;)
 
Pages Previous 1...27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Times GMT Current Time 11:01 PM
Post Reply