Travis

Re: USA Elections
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 6:25 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:
K, i have a question about the US electoral process.

What is required to register to vote? Is it some complicated process?

You dont register here. Your first election after you turn 18 a voting card is sent to you a few weeks before the election.

you fill out a form and you must be a US citizen and not a convicted felon . there is a cutoff point to register before the election too otherwise you won't be regestered in time . you can declare party alliance or be independent

thats more what i was getting at. Like...filling out a form or whatever.
Really? you cant register day of?
You CAN declare party alliance or independent or you HAVE to?

edit: i passed 2000 posts and didnt even notice! boo me. I spend far too much time on here bc it took me like...a year + to get to 1000 posts and probably a month or 2 to get to 2000.
To blame: Darran for starting a hockey thread the day that i came to the general chat side for the first time. Ive never left since!

kiwi
kiwi Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 1:01 AM Quote
Let's not forget the important New Zealand elections held next month!

The great decision is Helen Clark of Labour, or John Key of National?

Hmmmm decisions decisions decisions.... I'm probably going to 'eeny meeny miny mo' it just before I vote.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 2:53 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

thats more what i was getting at. Like...filling out a form or whatever.
Really? you cant register day of?
You CAN declare party alliance or independent or you HAVE to?

edit: i passed 2000 posts and didnt even notice! boo me. I spend far too much time on here bc it took me like...a year + to get to 1000 posts and probably a month or 2 to get to 2000.
To blame: Darran for starting a hockey thread the day that i came to the general chat side for the first time. Ive never left since!

Yes you do have to register in advance. I believe it varies state to state but today was the last day here you could register. There were signs EVERYWHERE. I have sympathy for people who want to vote and didn't get registered but at the same time it's a very well advertised fact.

You can declare party affiliation but you definitely don't have to. It more matters for the primaries because for those you have to declare one party or the other to participate. However for that you declare when you show up to vote so you don't have to register that in advance. (at least in Texas)

I'm very grateful to Darran for posting on hockey and roping you in because you rock!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 3:03 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
[quote="minnmess"]

I'm very grateful to Darran for posting on hockey and roping you in because you rock!

aww, thanks Annie Anne Anderson III, owner and operater of Inn Inn Eh! You arent too shabby yourself!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 4:48 AM Quote

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/DSC03258.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/DSC03255.jpg

not-the-same
not-the-same Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 10:41 AM Quote
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1831461

This video cracked me up :D

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 2:30 PM Quote
Ric, how did the homeless people afford 9 of your posters?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 3:01 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Ric, how did the homeless people afford 9 of your posters?

I gave them wholesale prices . they actually defend those and keep people from ripping em down .

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 3:02 PM Quote
What happens when it rains?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 3:04 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

the homeless people make them into umbrellas?

or, the jackass answer: water falls from the sky

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 3:15 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

the homeless people make them into umbrellas?

or, the jackass answer: water falls from the sky

They have a tent plus we're having a drought anyway

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 3:19 PM Quote
Actually, I was meaning what happens to the POSTERS when it rains, not the people. But those were good answers, Kristy.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 3:27 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Actually, I was meaning what happens to the POSTERS when it rains, not the people. But those were good answers, Kristy.

some are stapled some are wheat pasted , it's west side Oakland no one give a dam about extra paper floating through the streets .

We're are having a drought and LA is stealing water from the North . Goosey is the exception though , I said it's cool for her to have some unless the Dodgers beat the Phillies .

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 5:31 PM Quote
this is a bad idea

http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitizen/blogs/hockeycapital/archive/2008/10/08/palin-and-pucks-a-recipe-for-disaster.aspx

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 5:31 PM Quote
this is a bad idea

http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitizen/blogs/hockeycapital/archive/2008/10/08/palin-and-pucks-a-recipe-for-disaster.aspx

Pages Previous 1...10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:26 PM