Travis

Travis or Glass Onion as they were known, before Dougie!?
TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Thu 08 May, 2008 11:55 PM Quote
Hey guys, was having a nosey through youtube, as you do when you're a little bored lol, but anywhoo onto topic, I was looking through a couple of Travis videos as you do, but anyways I have the Singles DVD and have seen this before but decided to just have a look at it again and I realised that Dougie isn't there! (unless it is him on bass with the glasses and black hair but I doubt it is lol) Fran, Andy and Neil are there though and look very young lol. I actually had a look on the monster of knowledge that is Wikipedia and I think that the bassist and keyboardists would be brothers, Chris and Geoff Martyn and it was back in the time when they were called Glass Onion, I actually have all the tracks for their Glass Onion EP and it never crossed my mind that Dougie wasn't in the band at the time lol. But it's crazy to think that Turn has actually been around since 1993!

Here's the video: Turn by Travis (1993)

Re: Travis or Glass Onion as they were known, before Dougie!
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 09 May, 2008 12:11 AM Quote
Yes. Turn is old. Actually quite a few tracks from The Man Who are older than you'd think. Writing To Reach You, Turn, She's So Strange, As You Are at least were written a few years beforehand. At least those. I think i'm right anyway. Haha.

bullyweeben
bullyweeben Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 5:58 AM Quote
Also, Geoff Martyn has his own myspace for his solo stuff, he's quite good. Also has an album on iTunes with a band called Jupiter and Teardrop called "Bring Me Down". If you fancy checkin that out? I quite liked it!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 6:07 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Yes. Turn is old. Actually quite a few tracks from The Man Who are older than you'd think. Writing To Reach You, Turn, She's So Strange, As You Are at least were written a few years beforehand. At least those. I think i'm right anyway. Haha.

I knew about Turn, She's So Strange and As You Are, but I didn't know about Writing To Reach You... things you learn on the board :oP.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 12:37 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I knew about Turn, She's So Strange and As You Are, but I didn't know about Writing To Reach You... things you learn on the board :oP.

Yeah it was written 20 minutes after (or before) The Line Is Fine. That's what Franny says if you search The line is Fine up on youtube. :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 1:44 PM Quote
I don't have the Singles DVD so was cool to see this. :)

Just thought how Fran there would be 20 - same age as me. :o

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 2:08 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Yeah it was written 20 minutes after (or before) The Line Is Fine. That's what Franny says if you search The line is Fine up on youtube. :)

Fran said at our concert in Zurich that "Writing To Reach You" and "The Line Is Fine" were like non-identical twins... always liked that expression. ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 2:55 PM Quote
Ohh! I did not know that either! Cool info!
Now I want to listen to those two songs together... too bad I don't have the means to do that properly here.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:22 AM