Travis

HEY FRAN...Will you guys be at the
Sharona
Sharona Posted Thu 08 May, 2008 6:58 PM Quote
I'm going to Liverpool for the "Liverpool Sound" concert that Paul McCartney is headlining on June 1. It's billed as "Paul McCartney and Friends." They just confirmed the Kaiser Chiefs will be playing. (Kaiser Chiefs are the ONLY other confirmed acts at the moment!) Will Travis be there too? I know you guys have no direct ties to Liverpool, but you definitely fall into the "...and Friends" department. It would be a dream come true if I was able to see Travis AND Paul McCartney live at the same concert. (I know they've been on the same bill a couple of times but I've never seen them together LIVE.)

So, Fran, will you guys be playing? :-D

I'd love to see them together in person:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/8/8d/Healy_and_McCartney.jpg

That photo was taken quite a long time ago, judging by Fran's appearance. :)

Come back to Los Angeles soon!

Re: HEY FRAN...Will you guys be at the
Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 08 May, 2008 8:11 PM Quote
Maybe your wish will come true! Did you know Paul visited Travis while recording "Ode To J. Smith" and they played him the "J. Smith" track? (It's mentioned in one of the recent blogs).

I hope it works out for you and Travis end up playing this concert. That would be a DREAM for me as well. The Beatles and Travis = my two favorite bands of all time! :)

rebekah
rebekah Posted Thu 08 May, 2008 8:50 PM Quote
oooooohh...that would be wickeedddd!!! i would goo :D
x

Sharona
Sharona Posted Thu 08 May, 2008 9:56 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Maybe your wish will come true! Did you know Paul visited Travis while recording "Ode To J. Smith" and they played him the "J. Smith" track? (It's mentioned in one of the recent blogs).

I saw that! I was SO excited!

Sharona
Sharona Posted Thu 08 May, 2008 10:21 PM Quote
If anyone wants to get tickets to see Macca and the Kaiser Chiefs, you can get tickets here:

http://www.seetickets.com/liverpool08/event.asp?showcode=273257&filler1=lpool08&filler2=2

elodie
elodie Posted Fri 09 May, 2008 9:36 PM Quote
excellent question!
My dad will go to the concert in June and I'm so jealous, but I've got my exam... :) anyways, it will be a fantastic gig, in Liverpool of course!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 09 May, 2008 9:41 PM Quote
Dubz is going, right??

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 09 May, 2008 10:05 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Dubz is going, right??

LMAO! I'd go with a big, fat NO on that one.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:02 AM