Travis

Re: What does your family think of Travis?
steeler62
steeler62 Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 8:06 PM Quote
My mom really likes Travis, she never has a problem when I put them on. My brother likes a few of the songs. He likes blue flashing lights while my mom likes side.

donnamarsh3
donnamarsh3 Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 8:14 PM Quote
i have 3 young daughters, 10, 5, 5 and they all really love travis and drive me crazy wanting to come to all the gigs!!
i have had to half-heartedly promise to bring them along if they do an outdoor concert again, like june last year. they know all the words to most songs because we regularly drive the 300 mile journey to see my mum and as the driver(and chooser of the music, drivers privelige) we listen to travis the whole way! they even ask for favourite songs:)

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 9:15 PM Quote
My grandma absltly LOVE! "We are monkeys" (she understand nothin in English (worst than me..) but she asks me to put it once and again; and says "nice song... who's the singer?" (also, once and again....) She´s 94 years old :P).
I bet she wants to dance it....

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 12:56 AM Quote
donnamarsh3 wrote:
i have 3 young daughters, 10, 5, 5 and they all really love travis and drive me crazy wanting to come to all the gigs!!
i have had to half-heartedly promise to bring them along if they do an outdoor concert again, like june last year. they know all the words to most songs because we regularly drive the 300 mile journey to see my mum and as the driver(and chooser of the music, drivers privelige) we listen to travis the whole way! they even ask for favourite songs:)

when my kid was 10 I started taking him to shows , he's even seen Travis when he was 12

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 1:44 AM Quote
My parents don't care much about Travis. They're more into argentinian music and my dad also likes uruguayan murga a lot. My mom recognizes them though (at least the most famous songs), which is great, cause she can tell you if one of their songs was played at the supermarket or if they're airing a video on MTV, stuff like that xD. When I was watching their show here in Argentina, my mom loved Andy's solo in As You Are :oP.
My older brother doesn't like them at all.
My little brother (16 years old) knows all the band members and enjoys talking about their equipment (I showed him all the recent blogs with guitars haha). I think he likes some of their songs but he'll never admit liking Travis... stubborn teenager! xD

And well, my twin sister is on the board (Aletways) haha. She's a Travis fan, but doesn't love them as much as I do, she's more into Keane, but we both went to their gig in Argentina :o).

Edit:
Here's my sister haha:
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1069/twtfranaleenlamultitudmut5.jpg

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 2:15 AM Quote
My family really love Travis

Grelar
Grelar Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 2:17 AM Quote
My wife and sisters' in law love Travis. :) We had a blast at the show in Minneapolis last year.

Our 7 yr old loves them as well, but the 9 and 11 yr olds can take them or leave them.

My parents don't care for them. I've a brother that loved Invisible Band, but nothing else really...and I've a sister who really likes them live.

20462046 Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 2:51 AM Quote
my parents and my little brother can not speak english,so they know nothing about travis

but my mother said fran is cute and handsome

mayfly
mayfly Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 3:52 AM Quote
None of them is music person. What my sister cares is that I have too much computer storage occupied on Travis and too many CDs stacked up on the shelves. She always tries to wipe out my precious.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 6:58 AM Quote
well...
my sis is a huge fan as me since 6 years (I'm since 7-8 years ago)
my brother heard Travis music since loooong time ago, and he re-discovered them since 4 years ago after the 1st gig in Mexico in 2004, so he's fan as well, indeed he always get at least one CD in his car...

my mom... she recognize their music and likes it, I don't think she will like to go to a concert but she enjoys when we're listen them at home, and of course she recognize about Travis and Fran and "the blonde with big nose" -aka Dougie haha-

Craig
Craig Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 7:13 AM Quote
my mum and dad really like them they have been to a few of there gigs with me my dad being 57 and my mum 52, they also think that travis are well underrated and deserve more recognition for there music. they also think that there great live.

but as for my younger brother he says travis are gay and doesn't like there songs and always moans wen there played in the car!!.... yeah write but being into heavy metal how could he know what real music sounds like, istead he listens to his head banging crap which my dad calls a "ROW"!!

juuuli
juuuli Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 7:53 AM Quote
Me and my sister both love Travis. Travis is the band for us. Most definitely. I'm four years older and she kind of grew up listening to the music I liked, and as a result she has fantastic taste in music ;D It's really great to be able to talk to someone who's equally excited about Fran or Dougie's new blogs/posts, the release of the new album, a particular song, lyrics etc. We're going to see the guys live this summer and we are über excited! We'll be in the front row going crazy :)

The rest of our family is not that into Travis. Mum knows who they are and I think she "likes" them, but she just doesn't listen to music at all that much. Dad mostly listenes to Finnish stuff. Knows who Travis are, though. Our older brother listenes to metal music, so he's not a fan of Travis. However, he definitely knows who they are and recognises their songs, so he might actually have a secret soft spot for Travis :D Who knows.

Oops, how on earth did I manage to write such a long post.. I'm done now... Go Travis! :)

Moray
Moray Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 8:43 AM Quote
Yeah i've made my family closet Travis fans.

My sisters have been to most Travis gigs with me at somepoint, either one or both. They're not uber fans, but they enjoy the music. I think my older sister more than younger. Although in the Barra's at Xmas my little sister burst spontaneously into tears during Driftwood. So make of that what you will

My Mum & Dad went to see them in 2002 at the AECC in Aberdeen. They sat down during the gig. But since thats the only gig either have attended in the last 10 years, it's pretty cool. I think they even stood up for WDIAROM. And Dad says Driftwood always reminds him of moving my older sister into her 1st year halls at uni. So there you go. Memories.

Jennny
Jennny Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 9:01 AM Quote
juuuli wrote:
Me and my sister both love Travis. Travis is the band for us. Most definitely. I'm four years older and she kind of grew up listening to the music I liked, and as a result she has fantastic taste in music ;D It's really great to be able to talk to someone who's equally excited about Fran or Dougie's new blogs/posts, the release of the new album, a particular song, lyrics etc. We're going to see the guys live this summer and we are über excited! We'll be in the front row going crazy :)

The rest of our family is not that into Travis. Mum knows who they are and I think she "likes" them, but she just doesn't listen to music at all that much. Dad mostly listenes to Finnish stuff. Knows who Travis are, though. Our older brother listenes to metal music, so he's not a fan of Travis. However, he definitely knows who they are and recognises their songs, so he might actually have a secret soft spot for Travis :D Who knows.

Oops, how on earth did I manage to write such a long post.. I'm done now... Go Travis! :)

You left me nothing to write but I guess I'll just have to agree with you. With everything. Yup :D

lost-angel
lost-angel Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 10:25 AM Quote
My dear sister hates their music which makes it more fun for me to listen to Travis and sing as loud as I can whenever she's around (just to annoy her) but my Dad loves their music (can't believe we have something in common).

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:24 AM