Travis

The Verve
casella
casella Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 2:03 AM Quote
Saw The Verve earlier this week. Unbelievable. They're back and really doing it right. Played two new songs. One was a little techno-ish, but the other was tight.
Also saw Elbow. Not impressed. Saw them years aog. Think they're losing it.

Re: The Verve
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 3:09 AM Quote
Did your mom go with you?

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 3:18 AM Quote
Anne, you are always so quick with these things :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 3:23 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:

blush. why thank you.

Edit: Carla, when are you going to be back in Houston? (Sorry casella, not trying to take over your thread. )

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 3:28 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:

blush. why thank you.

Edit: Carla, when are you going to be back in Houston? (Sorry casella, not trying to take over your thread. )

Lol! Funny you ask, I was just talking to the hubby about that. It's looking like late June/early July, probably for another 6 weeks or so. I'm back in WA for not even a week and back to dealing with the same bs that I dealt with before I left, this neighborhood is bad for one's mental health!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 3:32 AM Quote
Sorry to hear that Carla. Glad the end is in sight for you. I really want to meet up with you to pAArty once you're back and I'm down there for a weekend. Soccer season is over tomorrow (whooo!) so we will be free to travel again. Oh and please send me the thing you sent Nikki!

So as to not totally take over Casella's thread, I'll say that I only know the one song by the Verve but I have heard they are great live. Maybe I'll have to check them out if they swing through Austin.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 3:37 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Sorry to hear that Carla. Glad the end is in sight for you. I really want to meet up with you to pAArty once you're back and I'm down there for a weekend. Soccer season is over tomorrow (whooo!) so we will be free to travel again. Oh and please send me the thing you sent Nikki!

So as to not totally take over Casella's thread, I'll say that I only know the one song by the Verve but I have heard they are great live. Maybe I'll have to check them out if they swing through Austin.

Oh I haven't sent it to Nikki yet, got to get it on the comp first. I'll get it to you as soon as hubby does his friggin job ;)

And if you can't get to Houston next time, no worries cos I'm moving back in October, yippeee! i can't wait to experience your quick wit in person :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 4:45 AM Quote
I look forward to meeting you too. We'll have fun, I know it.

casella
casella Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 5:07 PM Quote
Feel free to take over my thread anytime. As for Mom...she was too busy promoting me on Myspace to come to the show. Bless her heart.

rebekah
rebekah Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
eeeee i looovveee The Verve!!! :D
Richard Ashcroft did alright on his own i thought..but it's better now they're back togetherr :D
x

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 6:38 PM Quote
casella wrote:
Feel free to take over my thread anytime. As for Mom...she was too busy promoting me on Myspace to come to the show. Bless her heart.

Your mom is a doll. I hope you have something special planned for Mother's Day.

perii
perii Posted Wed 07 May, 2008 1:49 PM Quote
The Drugs Don't Work ! Its great.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 07 May, 2008 8:26 PM Quote
I saw The Verve in December. Was really disappointed. I don't think they gel on stage at all. 3 of the 4 of them looked like they didn't even want to be there

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 07 May, 2008 8:30 PM Quote
Richard Ashcroft RAWKS my world

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 08 May, 2008 8:01 PM Quote
Ah I'm glad this thread was made! Listening to The Verve on my ipod is bliss!!! You reminded me I had that AWESOME album :) Love it!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:00 AM