Travis

J Smith sound confusion
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 1:01 AM Quote
Me and Alejandra (Aletways) have solved the mystery!!! Haha.

If on the version you hear, Fran sounds really different, and is singing in a really strange low voice, you are listening to a faulty version. Fran sounds like Fran in J Smith. When people said he was singing in a low voice i was like "yes, it is lower, to suit the song and the more rocky sound" The faulty version voice doesn't suit the song at all. Haha. I think people who said that version was good were just being nice!!! Haha. Fran sounds absolutely hilarious in it. Especially the start! The wrong one is 16 seconds longer so you can imagine it sounds different! :)

Re: J Smith sound confusion
Aletways
Aletways Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 1:29 AM Quote
I told you! LOL! xD

For those who didn't understand what we were talking about, here's the slow version (thank you Nacho!), the one we thought was the original one! Have a laugh!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 1:38 AM Quote
Aletways wrote:
I told you! LOL! xD

For those who didn't understand what we were talking about, here's the slow version (thank you Nacho!), the one we thought was the original one! Have a laugh!

Still really funny. Can't believe people thought it was real. "It's amazing, i love it, its brilliant... why is Fran singing like that?!" Haha. "The mould has been cast" is my favourite bit and when he goes "yeah yeah yeaaaah" HAHAHA

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 1:51 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

"It's amazing, i love it, its brilliant... why is Fran singing like that?!"

Yeah, that was me! LMAO!
The odd one doesn't sound bad at all when you haven't heard the real one, except for Fran's voice. I really thought it was awesome! Hahaha. But still I couldn't understand why no one was saying anything about Fran's voice being weird and low xD. I thought everyone was being polite! LOL!

Hearing the real version takes everything to a whole new level! The sound is way more rich and you have no idea how good it feels to hear Fran is still Fran xD. I'm thrilled that J. Smith's even more amazing than I thought it was!

So thank you sooooo much Ben! (I'm Ale's sister :oP).

This is so funny now xD.

Edit: And I agree! "The mould has been cast" and "he curses the moon for his shadow" are the "best" parts of the slow one xD.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 1:59 AM Quote
LMAO! That is baaaad! That sounds like some drunk karaoke crap ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 2:01 AM Quote
I know you say it would be different if i didn't know the proper one but that weird one is really bad. Especially the vocals. I would love to have seen your face when Fran started singing!!! HAHAHA Priceless. You must have been relieved hearing Fran sing normally. Do you understand now why i said, "yes, it is lower but he uses his lower register a lot in the new songs!" I can't imagine what went through your mind when you read that. 'Not this low surely!' HAHAHA :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 2:11 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I know you say it would be different if i didn't know the proper one but that weird one is really bad. Especially the vocals. I would love to have seen your face when Fran started singing!!! HAHAHA Priceless. You must have been relieved hearing Fran sing normally. Do you understand now why i said, "yes, it is lower but he uses his lower register a lot in the new songs!" I can't imagine what went through your mind when you read that. 'Not this low surely!' HAHAHA :)

Lol!!! The first thing I thought was "what the hell happened to Fran????". I freaked out! We were having a chat on msn with other boardies and they all were hearing the weird version! And everyone was like "Is that Fran???" xDD.
But the guitar sounds great anyway and the song itself is amazing, so after a few times of listening to it I kinda got used to it... but hoped he wouldn't sing like that in all the other songs xD.
And when everyone said that his voice sounded lower lately I thought "well, I never heard his voice sound anything like this for sure!!!" xD. I love Fran's REAL lower voice hahaha.

When the real version started I thought "wooh! That's fast! xD". And when Fran started singing I was so releived! THANKS FRAN FOR SINGING LIKE FRAN! xD.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 2:15 AM Quote
It sounds like he just drank a big cup of molasses.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 2:17 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Lol!!! The first thing I thought was "what the hell happened to Fran????". I freaked out! We were having a chat on msn with other boardies and they all were hearing the weird version! And everyone was like "Is that Fran???" xDD.
But the guitar sounds great anyway and the song itself is amazing, so after a few times of listening to it I kinda got used to it... but hoped he wouldn't sing like that in all the other songs xD.
And when everyone said that his voice sounded lower lately I thought "well, I never heard his voice sound anything like this for sure!!!" xD. I love Fran's REAL lower voice hahaha.

When the real version started I thought "wooh! That's fast! xD". And when Fran started singing I was so releived! THANKS FRAN FOR SINGING LIKE FRAN! xD.

Haha. Wonderful. :) Goodnight.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 2:19 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Haha. Wonderful. :) Goodnight.

Hahaha, good night! Thanks again! :o)

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 2:22 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
It sounds like he just drank a big cup of molasses.

with a shot of whiskey in it ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 2:25 AM Quote
What's molasses?

cornax
cornax Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 2:29 AM Quote
What's molasses?

Treacle.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 2:31 AM Quote
What's molasses?

It's similar to syrup but very very very thick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molasses

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 2:32 AM Quote
I am glad that the mystery has been solved. I had no idea what you were guys were talking about when you were going on about his voice being low.

I can't hardly listen to the slow one his voice sounds so awful.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:54 AM