Travis

Re: Lets debate Frans J smith voice
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:15 PM Quote
rebekah wrote:
Seee i downloaded Violet Hill and i think that sounds exactly the same as the one on the radio..how bizarre maybe i have dodgy hearing though..or my computer is crummy...

No, it is supposed to sound the same. lol For me, it sounds EXACTLY the same, apart from the radio version being quieter.

daytimeoyster - The Coldplay song, for me, sounds the same, so logically, the Travis song is right.

rebekah
rebekah Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:16 PM Quote
ahh okaayy :)
I'll take your word for it..you seem to know what youre talking about lol

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:19 PM Quote
rebekah wrote:
ahh okaayy :)
I'll take your word for it..you seem to know what youre talking about lol

lol Well, you think it sounds the same too right? So, don't just trust me, trust yourself. Haha.

TK23
TK23 Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:27 PM Quote
I think it pretty much sounds like good ol' Fran. The song is great, and his voice suits it very well!

Aletways
Aletways Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
I'll try to listen to it from another computer, but my computer has excellent speakers, so it can't be that... It really sounds like slowed down to me...

rebekah
rebekah Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:32 PM Quote
this sounds really stupid..but maybe it has to warm up..cos i've listened to it many times now and it is starting to sound more normal..strange huh?
x

Aletways
Aletways Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:37 PM Quote
rebekah wrote:
this sounds really stupid..but maybe it has to warm up..cos i've listened to it many times now and it is starting to sound more normal..strange huh?
x

The same thing happened to me yesterday, I listened to it like 100 times and I thought "ok, it's not that weird", but today, I play it again and Fran's voice sounds weird to me again, hehe.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 4:39 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:
I'll try to listen to it from another computer, but my computer has excellent speakers, so it can't be that... It really sounds like slowed down to me...

Do you mean Coldplay or J Smith? J Smith really isn't slowed down, because i know the song. But then again, so is Coldplay's. Perfectly fine.

And if it is a slow problem, it wouldn't be your speakers, it would be your inner workings of the computer however they work. Haha. :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 5:05 PM Quote
I don't notice anything odd about Fran's voice in J. Smith. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/5-Confused.gif

steeler62
steeler62 Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 5:32 PM Quote
I thought it was strange at first but now I love it. It just shows how great of a voice Fran has. We are very lucky to have someone like him on this earth.

Aletways
Aletways Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 7:44 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Aletways wrote:

Do you mean Coldplay or J Smith? J Smith really isn't slowed down, because i know the song. But then again, so is Coldplay's. Perfectly fine.

And if it is a slow problem, it wouldn't be your speakers, it would be your inner workings of the computer however they work. Haha. :)

I mean J Smith and Violet Hill. I'm listening to J Smith from another computer and Fran's voice still sounds weird to me, like lower and deeper. A friend of mine who downloaded the new Coldplay song from their official website told me that when she heard the song before J Smith on this radio transmition, Chris Martin's voice sounded lower and deeper than in the version she had downloaded. So I think the same thing probably happens with J Smith and that's why some of us find Fran's voice weird. I don't know if everyone hears it the way I do, but it's obvious that I'm not the only one, hehe! I don't know what the problem is, since I'm listening to it from a different computer and nothing's changed, Fran still sounds weird =oP .

rebekah
rebekah Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 9:05 PM Quote
i bet we all hear it differently :)
then there is no right or wrong..then that would explain everything :D
x

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 9:10 PM Quote
There is a right and there is a wrong. My version is correct but i don't know why others would sound different. Not saying that they don't though. :)

Aletways
Aletways Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 9:13 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
There is a right and there is a wrong. My version is correct but i don't know why others would sound different. Not saying that they don't though. :)

I know, it's weird, maybe we hear the same, I don't know xD .

maryhill_johnny
maryhill_johnny Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 10:05 PM Quote
his voice sounds a bit deeper than on earlier albums to me. whether that will stil be noticeable on the lp who knows...
i think i like the song. will reserve full judgement until i hear the whole album properly in all its glory.
exciting nonetheless

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:52 AM