Travis

For WeirdMom
mozman68
mozman68 Posted Thu 01 May, 2008 9:30 PM Quote
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Reuters) - Chad Kroeger, the lead singer for Canadian rock band Nickelback, was sentenced on Thursday to a one-year driving ban and fined more than C$600 ($590) for drunk driving.
ADVERTISEMENT

The Nickelback frontman was stopped by police for speeding in his luxury Lamborghini sports car in the Vancouver suburb of Surrey, British Columbia, in 2006. A breath test found he had twice the legal limit of alcohol in his system.

Kroeger, whose legal name is Chad Turton, told reporters as he left the courthouse that he does not condone drinking and driving, but "everyone makes mistakes."

His lawyer said they would appeal the conviction, handed down by the judge last month. Kroeger could have been sentenced to jail, but first-time offenders usually receive sentences of a fine and a license suspension.

You know what that means, don't you?? More time to sit home and write new Nickelback songs!!

Re: For WeirdMom
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 01 May, 2008 9:32 PM Quote
He's gotten a lot of material out of that one he's written.

wendongotta
wendongotta Posted Thu 01 May, 2008 9:34 PM Quote
lol that is something you don't hear about much... crime in canada. never really gave it much thought until now!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 01 May, 2008 9:47 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
You know what that means, don't you?? More time to sit home and write new Nickelback songs!!

I had heard about this and because he didn't hurt anyone was just very amused by the whole thing- he just became an even bigger toolbag in my book.

But I hadn't thought about him having more time to write crap songs. Why do we have to be punished for his choices?????

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 01 May, 2008 10:16 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
mozman68 wrote:

Why do we have to be punished for his choices?????

LOL!! >.<

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 01 May, 2008 11:00 PM Quote
jeeze louise whatta pussy sentance

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:36 AM