Travis

Re: weddings n stuff!
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 25 Apr, 2008 7:18 PM Quote
th74 wrote:
Anne, I love seeing your pics. You look so pretty and happy! (This is a very gilie post for me, too.) Here in the North we don't do groom cakes, but I like the idea of 2 cakes at a wedding!

Thanks. I was very happy. I was marrying the right guy and our wedding was pretty how we wanted it to be so it was great. It is nice to have two cakes so the guests have a choice. At least here usually the bride's cake is white (maybe with some sort of filling in between the layers) and the groom's cake is chocolate. I am a chocolate girl so I was not down with the traditional flavors for the bridal cake.

I hope some other married boardies post their pics. I liked seeing Kayte's and Sophie's. Curious about others.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 26 Apr, 2008 12:11 AM Quote
I love this girly thread! It's so not my style, that's why I love it!
You all look gorgeous in your wedding dresses, girls! Thanks for sharing!!! :o)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 26 Apr, 2008 1:06 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
th74 wrote:
Anne, I love seeing your pics. You look so pretty and happy! (This is a very gilie post for me, too.) Here in the North we don't do groom cakes, but I like the idea of 2 cakes at a wedding!

Thanks. I was very happy. I was marrying the right guy and our wedding was pretty how we wanted it to be so it was great. It is nice to have two cakes so the guests have a choice. At least here usually the bride's cake is white (maybe with some sort of filling in between the layers) and the groom's cake is chocolate. I am a chocolate girl so I was not down with the traditional flavors for the bridal cake.

I hope some other married boardies post their pics. I liked seeing Kayte's and Sophie's. Curious about others.

I want a chocolate groom's cake with raspberry filling in the shape of a Red Wing logo with red and white butter cream frosting. Oh wait...I guess my husband would have to make that decision, lol! :D

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 26 Apr, 2008 3:23 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
[quote="weirdmom"] I want a chocolate groom's cake with raspberry filling in the shape of a Red Wing logo with red and white butter cream frosting. Oh wait...I guess my husband would have to make that decision, lol! :D

Hey why not make it the bride's cake??

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 26 Apr, 2008 1:51 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

OK this thread is probably the girliest I have been in a long time. Hair! Dresses! Cakes! Oh my!

Yasss! That's why I'm enjoying it so much!

Anne, I love, love, love your pics! You looked so beautiful and happy!

Mmmm, these cakes look so yummy!!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 26 Apr, 2008 2:02 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Nikki wrote:
[quote="weirdmom"] I want a chocolate groom's cake with raspberry filling in the shape of a Red Wing logo with red and white butter cream frosting. Oh wait...I guess my husband would have to make that decision, lol! :D

Hey why not make it the bride's cake??

It wouldn't be big enough...I know!!! I brides cake in the shape of the Stanley Cup, lmao!! It would sooo work. I don't think I'd ever really do it, but it would look sa-weet!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 26 Apr, 2008 3:09 PM Quote
Something like this?
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/136/375664394_97ff3c5f04.jpg?v=0

or just symbolic with DAISIES!
http://www.legateau.ca/pictures/tn_stanleycup.jpg

Silver frosting, hmmm.
My mother was totally against my castle wedding cake being gray. She was afraid it would look moldy! She loved it when she saw it, though. It was half chocolate and half white, if I remember correctly. You know how you're suppposed to save a piece of wedding cake in the freezer to eat on your first anniversary? Our piece quickly dwindled down to a bite each because we kept going into the freezing and eating it.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 26 Apr, 2008 3:11 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Just to kick the girliness factor up even further...Anne, you mentioned the movie "Steel Magnolia's"...OMG! It makes me cry every time! I <3 that movie!

some hippie ?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 26 Apr, 2008 3:38 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

or just symbolic with DAISIES!
http://www.legateau.ca/pictures/tn_stanleycup.jpg

Oh my God...that's so cute! I might do that for my wedding...seriously.

:D

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Sat 26 Apr, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
tee hee, it amuses me how I've managed to create such a girly thread when I'm probably one of the least girliest girls you'll ever meet!!

Still struggling with how to do the wedding...ideas we have considered so far include - renting a villa in Italy and inviting closest famly, getting married on our own in Slovenia, getting married on a beach in New Zealand,getting married in the register office in the next county and inviting the family/or just doing it on our own and telling everyone later!!

Argh!! It's too hard to decide, I wish someone else would decide for us!!! Volunteers?! ;)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 26 Apr, 2008 5:50 PM Quote
I could decide for you (lol)! Villa in Itally without a doubt. ;)

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Sat 26 Apr, 2008 5:53 PM Quote
haha, thanks megg!! The problem with that is arranging it for a time when everyone can make it...and we have the same problem with who we invite. At the very least it looks like it would have to be 14 people...how the hell would we co-ordinate that?! Bah. Plus it would cost a bloody fortune!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 26 Apr, 2008 5:57 PM Quote
So maybe renting a villa, getting married on your own and telling everyone later?
Oh I just like the sound of the words 'villa in Italy', haha ;)
And why Slovenia?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 26 Apr, 2008 6:02 PM Quote
I'm just going to butt in here, I've never once looked at this thread as weddings do not appeal to me, but I am gatecrashing my mate's dad's wedding reception tonite!! An ABBA tribute band are playing haha, fuckyesss.

Carry on now. xxx

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Sat 26 Apr, 2008 6:02 PM Quote
why slovenia? Cos it looks like this!! -

http://www.pinetreechalet.com/Resources/lakebledstolasba.jpeg

Hmm, I suppose doing the villa thing on our own could be an option though...hmmm.....

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:05 PM