Travis

Solo Singer Song Writers
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 8:53 AM Quote
I was at a gig last night and I had forgotten just how good Dick Gaughan is, Glen Hansard, Damien Rice, Rufus Wainwright, Andrew Bird you can all fuck right off. None of you are anywhere near the talent this man has, a beautiful and powerful gravel voice, which commands attention, a wonderful way with a pen, a pure lyrisist(sp?), Every one of the songs he played last night had a meaning.

I seriously recommend you go listen to some of his stuff...

tracks...
The Workers Song
Geronimo's Caddilac
What You do With What You Got
A Different Kind of Lovesong
Revoloution

Albums...
Handful of Earth
Sail On

Oh and by the way... This is not even to mention his guitar playing, he's fucking amazing, Rodrigo e Gabriel, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Mark Knofler can all fuck off too.

Dubz

Re: Solo Singer Song Writers
Edel
Edel Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 9:36 AM Quote
Oh great, now I'll have this stuck in my head all day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcNKOlAZeLw

Ive never heard of Dick Gaughan but will check him out

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 9:43 AM Quote
Wow I never new there was a complete differnt song by the same name, Modern Talking were pish.

He was wearing a T-shirt which he explained in between songs...

It was a picture of Geronimo & two other Chiricahua Apache Warriors and underneath it read "Fighting Terrorism since 1492"

Dubz

Edel
Edel Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 10:30 AM Quote
Just read about him on Wikipedia. I never knew there was a language called 'Scots' Have only heard about Scottish Gaelic and of course Scottish English. You learn something new everyday!

Aída
Aída Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 11:32 AM Quote

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 2:44 PM Quote
Cool! cheers for the recommendation! Gonna check it out on computer at home! :)

casella
casella Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I was at a gig last night and I had forgotten just how good Dick Gaughan is, Glen Hansard, Damien Rice, Rufus Wainwright, Andrew Bird you can all fuck right off. None of you are anywhere near the talent this man has, a beautiful and powerful gravel voice, which commands attention, a wonderful way with a pen, a pure lyrisist(sp?), Every one of the songs he played last night had a meaning.

I seriously recommend you go listen to some of his stuff...

tracks...
The Workers Song
Geronimo's Caddilac
What You do With What You Got
Revoloution

Albums...
Handful of Earth
Sail On

Oh and by the way... This is not even to mention his guitar playing, he's fucking amazing, Rodrigo e Gabriel, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Mark Knofler can all fuck off too.

Dubz

i saw once. glen is pretty soulful and has driving progressions. saw him in a small theater here in nyc and he really brought the place down (prior to wining all the awards). i'll give yer boy a listen, though.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 4:44 PM Quote
casella wrote:
i saw once. glen is pretty soulful and has driving progressions. saw him in a small theater here in nyc and he really brought the place down (prior to wining all the awards). i'll give yer boy a listen, though.

I saw Swell Season live this past fall. It was amazing. I feel pretty sure that all the awards won't/haven't changed him. After the show someone said something indicating they thought he was going to win an Oscar and he said, "yeah but then we'd have to turn into a bunch of asses."

Pretty funny.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 5:49 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
casella wrote:

I saw Swell Season live this past fall. It was amazing. I feel pretty sure that all the awards won't/haven't changed him. After the show someone said something indicating they thought he was going to win an Oscar and he said, "yeah but then we'd have to turn into a bunch of asses."

Pretty funny.

I'm seeing the Swell Season this Saturday. I can't wait!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Apr, 2008 5:55 PM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
I'm seeing the Swell Season this Saturday. I can't wait!

Lucky you!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:45 AM