Travis

Re: YES!!!
Aletways
Aletways Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 9:21 PM Quote
Well, I find it very interesting, but that's kinda obvious since that's what I study, hehe! I think it gives you the possibility to see everything from a different perspective. It gives you the tools to appreciate better the complexity of any phenomenon that takes place in a particular society. You learn that nothing is natural.
I lack of more vocabulary to talk about this, hope you understand what I mean!

bara
bara Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 9:24 PM Quote
moo_the_evil_boffin wrote:
bara wrote:
bara wrote:
youll do it right.
what do you wanna study there?

Psychology, Sociology, Biology and communication studies A levels. All of that facinates me! After that I want to do a B-tech diploma (I think that's what it's called) in Music, Vehical maintainence and Public services.

I want to be a paramedic when I'm older if I can't form a band or become a rally driver haha
;)

you really want many things, dont ya?! ;)
thats good.

Of course! lol we've all got to have dreams :-D

In a realistic sense I'll probably go for the Paramedic role as I've wanted to be one since I was 7 lol but never say never!

since 7?! thats an age! quite cool if you know what you wanna be in future with such an young age.. cool cool..

well.. yep my dream is to become a popular photographer and have a band i love... ;)

bara
bara Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 9:26 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:

oh yeah.. thats what i need always.. (sorry to interrupt your conversation.. was just a sudden thought)

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 9:26 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:
Well, I find it very interesting, but that's kinda obvious since that's what I study, hehe! I think it gives you the possibility to see everything from a different perspective. It gives you the tools to appreciate better the complexity of any phenomenon that takes place in a particular society. You learn that nothing is natural.

Yeah I understand completely... I want to start it now lol

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 9:30 PM Quote
bara wrote:
bara wrote:
bara wrote:
youll do it right.
what do you wanna study there?

Psychology, Sociology, Biology and communication studies A levels. All of that facinates me! After that I want to do a B-tech diploma (I think that's what it's called) in Music, Vehical maintainence and Public services.

I want to be a paramedic when I'm older if I can't form a band or become a rally driver haha
;)

you really want many things, dont ya?! ;)
thats good.

Of course! lol we've all got to have dreams :-D

In a realistic sense I'll probably go for the Paramedic role as I've wanted to be one since I was 7 lol but never say never!

since 7?! thats an age! quite cool if you know what you wanna be in future with such an young age.. cool cool..

well.. yep my dream is to become a popular photographer and have a band i love... ;)

Yep lol It changed from a Doctor when I decided I wanted a more 'front line' job and less paperwork lol but I've always wanted some sort of job in the medical field.

Wow photographer sounds great! As is the band lol. The only other person I know who can play an instrument is my piano tutor haha

Aletways
Aletways Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
I'm glad you like Sociology! You'll have to tell me later what's the approach in your country!

bara wrote:
Aletways wrote:

oh yeah.. thats what i need always.. (sorry to interrupt your conversation.. was just a sudden thought)

Haha, it happens too frequently to me!

bara
bara Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 9:38 PM Quote

Yep lol It changed from a Doctor when I decided I wanted a more 'front line' job and less paperwork lol but I've always wanted some sort of job in the medical field.

Wow photographer sounds great! As is the band lol. The only other person I know who can play an instrument is my piano tutor haha

oh im not really able to play an instrument. not in that niveau that i could have a GOOD band.. id "only" sing then..
so you get piano lessons?! or is he/she your tutor for sth different?

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 9:43 PM Quote
bara wrote:

oh im not really able to play an instrument. not in that niveau that i could have a GOOD band.. id "only" sing then..

What do you mean "only" sing? I'd love it if windows stayed intact when I sang lol.

Yeah I have piano lessons. I've been playing Piano and Keyboards for 9 years this year. Started playing Electric Guitar at Christmas and can just about play Violin. I can play quite a few Travis songs on my guitar, to my immense joy lol and I play anything and everything on my piano :-D

bara
bara Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 9:46 PM Quote
bara wrote:

What do you mean "only" sing? I'd love it if windows stayed intact when I sang lol.

Yeah I have piano lessons. I've been playing Piano and Keyboards for 9 years this year. Started playing Electric Guitar at Christmas and can just about play Violin. I can play quite a few Travis songs on my guitar, to my immense joy lol and I play anything and everything on my piano :-D

then you can play a lot instruments. cool. im jealous ;)
just can play some accords on the guitar and played 5 years the trombone.. when i was younger 5 years keys.. well.. not very successfully ;) both not my instruments i think..

Aletways
Aletways Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 9:46 PM Quote
That's great, you play so many instruments! You can have your own band yourself, hahaha!
I """play""" the violin (I suck).

bara
bara Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 9:47 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:
I'm glad you like Sociology! You'll have to tell me later what's the approach in your country!

bara wrote:
Aletways wrote:

Haha, it happens too frequently to me!

;)

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 9:49 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:
That's great, you play so many instruments! You can have your own band yourself, hahaha!

Lol I've only just got to the stage where my ears have stopped bleeding when I play my violin XD

Self teaching Violin is hard :-/

bara
bara Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 9:50 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:

Lol I've only just got to the stage where my ears have stopped bleeding when I play my violin XD

why dont oyu take lessons?
its admirable when ppl teach theirself.. id love to have some more structure in my life right now ^^

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 9:57 PM Quote
bara wrote:
Aletways wrote:

why dont oyu take lessons?
its admirable when ppl teach theirself.. id love to have some more structure in my life right now ^^

All of the places that I've enquired about cost a huge amount. I'm getting there with it, I just need to practice more lol. I've seen a few tricks on the internet that I may put into practice...

I LOVE self teaching myself guitar. I have one theory book and 5 Travis tab books which I use.

The only things I'm not self taught in is my piano, first aid and dancing. Everything else, including my GCSEs, I have taught myself.

The joys of Home Education lol

Anyways, It's been nice chatting to you both but I desperately need sleep... Staying up until goodness knows when reading Tolkien is not the best thing in the world when you're already tired lol.

Speak to you soon XXX

Aletways
Aletways Posted Mon 21 Apr, 2008 9:57 PM Quote
Wow,learning to play the violin by yourself must be really hard!
I've been taking lessons for 3 years now. I'm left handed, which makes it even harder. My playing is still quite bad, but acceptable for a sympathetic human ear I guess.

Edit: Nice talking to you too, sleep tight!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:54 PM