Travis

Re: What's for dinner?
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 8:58 PM Quote
Nikki I make an awesome eggplant parmesan. I don't know what is for dinner. I'm still stuffed from lunch.

My boss took me out to lunch today because administrative assistant's day is next week. He said, "since you're not really that but you do some of that type of work I wanted to take you out but just not on that day since you're not, you know, an administrative assistant."

LOL.

I must confess I am buzzing a bit on my really strong drink. It's a fun way to work!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 8:59 PM Quote
Wednesday is ballet lesson day for my daughter, so we do easy dinner. Leftover grilled chicken for the grown-ups and Annie's Shells & Cheese for the kiddies--organic pasta with natural white cheddar. It's quite good once you get used to it.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 9:01 PM Quote
Is eggplant still purple on the inside? That would be really cool if it is.

EDIT: No, it isn't. I found a picture.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/86/Eggplant-sliced.jpg/180px-Eggplant-sliced.jpg
Gosh, I'm so disappointed. I was just thinking how cool it would be to eat a purple vegetable. Vegetables are no fun at all. :o(

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 9:14 PM Quote
How is it that you and Nikki live near an area called GREEK TOWN and have never had eggplant before?

th74
th74 Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 9:41 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Leftover grilled chicken for the grown-ups and Annie's Shells & Cheese for the kiddies--organic pasta with natural white cheddar. It's quite good once you get used to it.

I had Annie's pasta last night for dinner, but I had the Alfredo version. I have to admit, sometimes I still wish for the good old Kraft mac and cheese, even though I know all the crap that is in there!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 9:48 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
How is it that you and Nikki live near an area called GREEK TOWN and have never had eggplant before?

Oh totaly refraining from a jacks comment

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 10:12 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Oh totaly refraining from a jacks comment

You are buzzing on beer if your brain makes that sort of leap.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 10:19 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

Greek Town. I ate there once and someone dropped a glass from a balcony and it smashed on our table right in front of us. Quite startling to say the least.

Also, it is quite rat infested and teeming with roaches. (I know people will say every restaurant has these, but this is BIG TIME, baby! It's always all over the news about how bad it is there. When I worked downtown, I saw the pest control trucks in the alley every week. Made me want to say Puaj! instead of Opa!

And I'd never just try eggplant on a whim, anyway. I tend to stick with the familiar.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 10:30 PM Quote
Eggplant Parmesan is yummy and often fried (I bake mine) so it barely counts as a veggie.

I know Greek Town is kind of seedy but there are still tons of Greek restaurants around Detroit and many are awesome.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 10:41 PM Quote
I just had a eggplant ladden sloopy joe

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 11:03 PM Quote
I've never even heard of eggplant! Looks gross! lol

I had cheese on toast!

th74
th74 Posted Wed 16 Apr, 2008 11:45 PM Quote
I like eggplant, or the aubergine, if you prefer. Eggplant Parmesean is the best.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 4:38 AM Quote
just milk

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 5:04 AM Quote
Roast Beef!

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 5:06 AM Quote
annies is the best mac and cheese!