Travis

Re: FAO Nighttimers
ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:34 AM Quote
goodnight. I think i'm going to head out too.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:36 AM Quote
Hahaha, what a dream Ashley!
Anne is having quite a day in Travisland today! :oP.

I'm in for the strings and bells thing. I'm very short and I don't have any climbing abilities, but I have willpower :oP.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:37 AM Quote
Ohh, I show up when everyone leaves! :o(
Good night girls!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:39 AM Quote
hey there! glad to hear you're in! Goodnight if you're still here.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:40 AM Quote
Everybody's gone already? Ah, well...I'm usually at the computer 7:30 pm Pacific Time. Puttering around trying to accomplish things but staring at the screen instead... ;)

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:43 AM Quote
Hey Daks, I actually might be here a bit longer. I thought I was going to bed, but I think I'm going to wait up until my sister calls, which will hopefully be within the half hour

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:46 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I'm in for the strings and bells thing. I'm very short and I don't have any climbing abilities, but I have willpower :oP.

That is such a funny statement. Maybe I can teach you how to turn into a cat, you can jump into the tree, and then turn back into a person to tie the bells and string.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:52 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

That is such a funny statement. Maybe I can teach you how to turn into a cat, you can jump into the tree, and then turn back into a person to tie the bells and string.

That would be awesome!

Hi Dak! How are you?

I'm here, I have to make a collage with Photoshop for a friend that's leaving the country next week. She's moving to Germany :'o(

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:58 AM Quote

I'm here, I have to make a collage with Photoshop for a friend that's leaving the country next week. She's moving to Germany :'o(

Awww, is it a permanent thing then? :(

I'm not doing much, I broke my website on Saturday night and I've been trying to get it back in working order for two days now...all because of my monumental stupidity! Hahaha, I'm going to keep complaining about it all over the place until I calm down. ;)

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:58 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

That would be awesome!

Hi Dak! How are you?

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Is the move to Germany long term? Now you'll have a good reason to visit Europe now, at least! And, you'll have your new transforming powers to console you and keep your mind off the loss

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:59 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:

I'm not doing much, I broke my website on Saturday night and I've been trying to get it back in working order for two days now...all because of my monumental stupidity! Hahaha, I'm going to keep complaining about it all over the place until I calm down. ;)

I haven't heard about your monumental stupidity yet. Care to share?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 4:07 AM Quote
Yes, well, at least for a couple of years. Her husband got a very good job in Hamburg, he's already there. My friend and her adorable son (who's called Fran :oP) are traveling next week. I'm happy for her because it's going to be a great experience for her and her family. But I'll miss her a lot.

Yes! I'm planning on getting my degree next year, so if I'm lucky I'll be visiting Europe in 2010. I have a place to stay in Hamburg :oP. In the mean time I guess I'll be bussy learning how to use my new powers :oP.

ashleyb wrote:
DAKOTA wrote:

I haven't heard about your monumental stupidity yet. Care to share?

I concur ^^

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 4:12 AM Quote
Okay, you asked for it:

So, I decided to Upgrade my Movable Type installation. I did it like I usually do, just copying over what was already there...but it didn't work. I couldn't even get to my login in page. So I deleted everything in the main MT directory and re-uploaded it. I got the Wizard to work but it got to the part where it was supposed to run the upgrade script and it stopped. So I hit refresh a bunch of times to see if it would work...

Then my host suspended me for overloading the server because I had too many scripts running and running and not going anywhere.

So after a bit of crying and emailing I got my site back. I decide to try a fresh installation instead. So I upload Movable type to a new directory in ASCII mode...all is well, until I log in and none of my images work thereby making it impossible to use the interface to post anything. It took me two days to figure out that I had left it on ASCII mode when I uploaded my images and it should be in binary. So I fixed that with a re-upload....

Then I went to update this afternoon and "Refreshed" my templates...which overwrote all my custom templates back to their default state. So I had to fix that. Luckily I had another site with nearly the exact same code so it wasn't that devastating, just annoying as hell, and I'm working on adding content I lost from my side bar right now.

The end. :D

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 4:21 AM Quote
Ahem, yes, such stupidity (this coming from girl who knows very little about creating and maintaining websites...) Well, I'm sorry you had to go through that, and hope all gets straightened out again :)

In happy news, I just wrote the conclusion to the research paper I've been working on since the beginning of this blasted semester. Still have loads of editing to do, but the skeleton is there.

And I'm officially really sleepy. Why will my sister not call?

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 4:33 AM Quote
Oh, It's sorted more or less... :-D

Congrats on the research paper!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:33 PM