Travis

FAO Nighttimers
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 1:20 AM Quote
I know many of you miss the nighttime threads like I do. I thought maybe if one or a few of us declare our intention to be here there'll be a crowd.

I am planning to be on the computer by 8:45 PM Texas time. That's 2:45 AM board time.

I hope some of you are around!

Re: FAO Nighttimers
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 1:22 AM Quote
:/ i'll be at the heeeem (first time this year! yeya!) but i'll log on after. bring it back people!! bring-it-back!!! :D good job anne!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 1:24 AM Quote
I'm here!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 1:25 AM Quote
I think I'll be having dinner at that time (11 pm in Argentina), but I'll be here afterwards. I have to do use the computer anyway :oP.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 1:25 AM Quote
If I'm late it's because my children are sensing my desire to be free of them for the evening and are not going to sleep.

Maybe I'll just give them some Benadryl.

KIDDING.

Edit: off for bath/storytime

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 1:33 AM Quote
Anne, when you get back I have to tell you about my dream

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 2:45 AM Quote
I'm back Ashley. Tell me your dream!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:01 AM Quote
Ok, the first part (which doesn't have to do with you, so I'll skim over real quick) i was Ashe from Final Fantasy XII, and was with other FF characters, and we went raiding temples, causing an earthquake and leading to an emergency situation where all my clothes were being given away to people in need (cuz their homes were ruined in the earthquake). So, I leave the area, and go wandering for a very long time. I end up in a desert-like area. There's nothing around but a mcdonald's, and people are picnicing outside it. There's a baby in a stoller nearby crying. I go to the baby and ask where her mom is. The baby doesn't answer and I get really frustrated (I may have called her stupid...). So, as I ask the baby what's wrong, who should show up but you. You manage to decipher from the crying baby that it is crying about what are known as "The McDonald's Strings." For those of you who don't know what these powerful talismans are, they are stings with a bell at the end that are tied up in trees outside every mcdonald's in the world. So, the only way to get the baby to stop crying is to take down all the strings, because they've caused an imbalance in the universe. So, Anne, you turn into a cat (so you can climb up the trees better) and fetch all the strings. And the baby stops crying.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:07 AM Quote
Wow! I am uber powerful in your dreams. Comforting babies, ability to transform into a cat. So today on the board I've made out with Ewan McGregor and discovered magical abilities.

This is a great day!!

P.S. I've never ever seen or heard about these bells on strings in trees outside of McDonalds.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:10 AM Quote
Quite a day for you! You must feel quite accomplished. I can't even do all that with my orange-soled shoes.

As for these strings, i was just as new to the concept as you, but I assure you, they exist (at least in my dream...)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:19 AM Quote
OK so they're just in dream world. Reading your dream I got the impression they were real and I thought I had missed a major memo.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:25 AM Quote
Let's spread the word of the strings. I think I'll start carrying a stock of strings and bells in my purse for whenever I see a mcdonald's. They will exist! They must! They were so real!
EDIT: great showing of nighttimers we got here...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:26 AM Quote
I'm in. Not sure how McDonald's will feel about this but I am all for it!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:29 AM Quote
I knew I could count on you Anne! Now we just need to recruit the rest of the board, and we'll have all the mcdonald's covered before long. Bwahahaha!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 3:33 AM Quote
Yeah I'm a bit bummed that there weren't more folks around. But hopefully we can gain some nighttime momentum again.

I gots to go. I need to get some sleep.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:53 AM