Travis

Re: Coldplay or Travis?
ayana
ayana Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 10:05 AM Quote
Two years ago I would have said Coldplay without any hesitation. But now ...
We'll see after the next Coldplay album ...

Travis have better relations with their fans.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 10:41 AM Quote
I like both Travis AND Coldplay but think they are still very different. To me they mean different things and signal big changes in my life. Travis early on when I was going through bad times and Coldplay when I was getting over those times. Now I feel blessed when I hear any of their tunes :-) Travis will always be special too me tho!

KevInSweden
KevInSweden Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 11:39 AM Quote
Travis edge it for me, but I do like Coldplay a lot.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 11:53 AM Quote
I can't stand coldplay. Chris Martin really annoys me and I hate their music. Travis paste colplay in every way!

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 12:12 PM Quote
I like the last 3 minutes of Politik.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 12:31 PM Quote
Coldplay is idiotic

How could he possibly think that that daft falscetto voice wouldn't get samey and boring and fairly annoying?! As if its not dreary and depressing by the pace and tone, he has to sing like hes just woken up AND invert his own singing voice...?!
The first time he came out, fine, maybe a novelty, (sort of) (though I hated it right from the off) but you'd think he would just stop...
Och well its like that Mika or whatever the hell is name is, or 'the madness' - how could they think these wouldn't get annoying?!?!?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 1:16 PM Quote
What??? Same on you!!! MIKA's GREAT!!!

lmao ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 2:49 PM Quote
Coldplay are a great band and i like them very much but Travis are special. I love Travis! :)

thejames8
thejames8 Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 3:36 PM Quote
It would have to be Travis, because they started the soft pop genre that opened the way for bands like coldplay, keane etc. However Coldplay are very good

feri
feri Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 4:30 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
Coldplay is idiotic

How could he possibly think that that daft falscetto voice wouldn't get samey and boring and fairly annoying?! As if its not dreary and depressing by the pace and tone, he has to sing like hes just woken up AND invert his own singing voice...?!
The first time he came out, fine, maybe a novelty, (sort of) (though I hated it right from the off) but you'd think he would just stop...
Och well its like that Mika or whatever the hell is name is, or 'the madness' - how could they think these wouldn't get annoying?!?!?

lol I kinda agree with you, the voice is really annoying. Sometimes I even think 'what a waste of good songs with that annoying voice'

Some can pull off falsetto, like Matthew Bellamy of Muse. I think he sounds awesome, but Chris Martin..just irritates me..voice is very important. This is why I dislike Snow Patrol as well..the voice bugs me..Keane and Travis have lead singers with awesome voices tho

twister
twister Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 4:47 PM Quote
of course travis is better than coldplay in every way...how could they not be? travis is the best..:)coldplay can make good music, write good lyrics but not that georgeous i think.. they've to work hard to be a half-travis:) a little more humility i need, i don't know why but i always thought that they're so arrogant, not only at gigs, their way to act is always like that...

TRAVIS FOREVER....:)

Nattasha
Nattasha Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 4:47 PM Quote
Travis!! but I like Coldplay very much

feri
feri Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 5:12 PM Quote
I think compared to other bands Travis seem to have a more upbeat/fun personality? Or who am I kidding! I don't even know them lol, but they just seem more themselves and outgoing.

PipeDreams
PipeDreams Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 6:25 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
Guitarist wrote:
I'm not saying they are better but coldplay are special to me. I loved them as soon as i saw chris walking along that cold beach. so i would have to say coldplay. chris paid a beautiful tribute to travis when he declared on the radio that coldplay were invented by Travis. but what do u guys rekon? maybe u hate coldplay more than eating dog shit. maybe not, wotever the weather, still reply..

I agree with Paul ... it's a strange question to put on the Travis board.
Still, I like Coldplay a lot and the shows I've seen so far were fantastic. Chris and co really giving everything.

BUT they are light years away from what Travis mean to me... there you have it :)

sina:)

there

no its not a silly question just because some one is a member of travis online that REALLY dont mean that thats there fav band they could have other favs but also like travis so thats a silly thing to say really!!!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 6:55 PM Quote
I don't understand why this thread is forcing us to choose between them, like they are some kind of polar opposite of each other, like Celtic or Rangers.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:24 AM