Travis

Re: Is hip hop wrong for Glastonbury?
varz
varz Posted Mon 14 Apr, 2008 6:54 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
I don't think it's suitable for headlining. I mean the main sorts of people that go to Glastonbury like guitar based sounds, I think if you were gonna have hip hop then you should put it on the other stage or lower down the bill, because it isn't going to attract as many people as a big rock band would.

Yep, I agree with that.

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Mon 14 Apr, 2008 7:02 PM Quote
Glastonbury's just another festival.

Didn't Public Enemy headline Reading back in the day and traditionally that was a heavy rock festival.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 10:04 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
I think its the choice thats wrong. Jay Z's fame and fortune has mostly come from America.
I agree with Dubz in relation as to what is called hip hop these days. More of an old school person myself De la Soul and the like and for the uk i think someone from that time might be a bigger draw.

Even though he wont ever say it , i think Eavis has panicked when Radiohead said no.

I agree, maybe someone a bit "crossover", not as radical as Public Enemy or the likes, more sorta De La Soul, Arrested Development, Jungle Brothers, Oui 3 type of thing ??

Dubz

Q Tip?
I personnally adore his music and regularly mention him on the board...used to talk about him with the Haz in the old days.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 6:55 PM