Travis

Døgnvillfestivalen, Norway
Travis Web Team
Travis Web Team Posted Sun 13 Apr, 2008 11:30 AM Quote
The band have recently confirmed a headline slot at the Døgnvillfestivalen in Norway this August.

Details below:

Travis, 30th August 2008
Døgnvillfestivalen
Tromsø, Norway

Tickets available from: http://www.billetten.as

Festival Website: http://www.dognvill.no

Re: Døgnvillfestivalen, Norway
FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sun 13 Apr, 2008 2:36 PM Quote
Whee!!
Finally I have a decent excuse to visit Tromsø :-P

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 13 Apr, 2008 4:06 PM Quote
All these July and August gigs hopefully means an album release sooner rather than later. I was worried it may slip to October or something but with all these gigs, i cant see why that would happen now.

August?! Hopefully Fran will say something in a blog soon... Fran? :)

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Sun 13 Apr, 2008 7:47 PM Quote
T.T My Birthday's day T.T
I hope to see their in Spain again O.O

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Mon 14 Apr, 2008 2:03 AM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Whee!!
Finally I have a decent excuse to visit Tromsø :-P

Ahhh no! =(

Edith, do you remember when i said you that i wanted go to Norway for a Travis gig? =(
I hope that Travis confirme another gig for the next year...
Enjoy it!

sajasolskinn
sajasolskinn Posted Mon 14 Apr, 2008 12:51 PM Quote
Jippi juhuuu!!!
Finally I get to see Travis - and in my hometown. Could I be happier? I don't think so! This made my day perfect. Can't wait.

wendongotta
wendongotta Posted Mon 14 Apr, 2008 5:08 PM Quote
how do you even pronounce that?!?!

siiri
siiri Posted Mon 14 Apr, 2008 6:53 PM Quote
Hii..
I'm getting really pissed off. Why are you always coming to Norway and never to Sweden? You been i Norway soo many times, why can't you just come by and play a consert i Sweden? We love you just as much here.. Please

HermiG
HermiG Posted Thu 17 Apr, 2008 8:23 PM Quote
Norway is waaay better than Sweden. That's probably why. xP

(Just kidding, of course).

Haha. One of my class mates are moving to Tromsø. I'll have to ask him if I can come visit him. :D

sajasolskinn
sajasolskinn Posted Thu 24 Apr, 2008 12:14 PM Quote
wendongotta wrote:
how do you even pronounce that?!?!

What? Tromsø or døgnvillfestivalen?

To describe the letter ø and how it's pronoced is kind of hard - its one of the letters the imigrants have most difficulties with. So the easiest is to change the ø with an o. the dognvill festival ;) Hehe, sound weird, but I can't write fonetic - so:)

But I can tell you the origin of what døgnvill is. In nothern Norway we get periods in the winter where the sun never comes up (in Tromsø it is all of december and most of january). This means that it is more or less dark all the time in this periode. And in the summer the sun doesn't go down in the summertime (still not warm though) - so it's more or less light all the time (and with midnight sun).

The festival is in the end of the summer - it's the end of the totally light summerperiod. So back to the word "døgnvill" - in the dictonary it says: "having lost track of the time of day". Witch is quite normal in summertime here, beacuse it is more or less light all the time. "Døgn" = the 24 hour period, "vill" is a short form of "villfarelse" that means lost, stay, gone astray.

Are
Are Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 11:31 PM Quote
Another Norwegian show, awesome! Love you guys. Now I just have to find someone to travel from Oslo to Tromsø with...

happy_me
happy_me Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 6:36 PM Quote
Could you please visit later in the fall as well? I have no money to go to Tromsø with :( Please? Just a wee trip to Oslo. Yes, you people living in other parts of Norway I want an Oslo gig, since I'm a lazy, urban, posh Oslo person and only think about myself... I'm poor OK?!!!?

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:20 AM