Travis

Re: NHL Playoffs begin tonight
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 11 Apr, 2008 3:25 PM Quote
thanks for explaining the octopus. weird was I was with someone buying one yesterday and thought it was coming back to haunt me

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 2:03 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
minnesotamary wrote:
The Dallas Stars shut out the Ducks 4-0 last night, thank you very much! I knew that Sandy would call me every time they scored...and sure enough, hehe! (well, I did text her on the third goal since I was getting ready for bed!).

This weekend is all about hockey, woohoo!

Oh man, I am so glad they won--in Anaheim too!! This is gonna be an interesting series!

Yeah...screw the Ducks. They're my most hated team right now. Especially Pronger. He's a dirty player. Last year he hit our Tomas Holmstrom in the head and got booted from the playoffs. I hope they suspend his ass again this year for something.

Also, is anyone else as annoyed with Alexander Ovechkin as I am? I have mad respect for any player, Red Wing or not, who can score like that. There is no doubt he's talented. But the guy just seems to have no class whatsoever. He's such a showboat! Every time he scores he bangs into the glass, pumps his fists, slides across the ice on his knees. There's nothing wrong with celebrating a goal, but it's SO overboard. Ah! I just can't stand him!!!!!!

Go Wings! Game 2 this afternoon!!!!!!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 2:07 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
thanks for explaining the octopus. weird was I was with someone buying one yesterday and thought it was coming back to haunt me

Buying one to...eat?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 8:25 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

Buying one to...eat?

yup , i don't like eating octopus or squid anymore

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 8:33 PM Quote
Last time I looked, it was 2-0 in favor of Wings.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 8:48 PM Quote
there's a game on now ?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 8:54 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
there's a game on now ?

Yes, right now. Started at 2:00 EST.
FINAL SCORE: Detroit 4, Nashville 2
http://redwings.nhl.com/index.html

Yay, we won!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 12 Apr, 2008 10:20 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
there's a game on now ?

Yes, right now. Started at 2:00 EST.
FINAL SCORE: Detroit 4, Nashville 2
http://redwings.nhl.com/index.html

Yay, we won!

:D !!!!!!!!!!! Woohooo! We were on the edge of our seats the whole game! I love that good ol' McCarty scored the first goal! Ah, that was so sweet! :)

On to Nashville!!! Go Wings!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 13 Apr, 2008 12:24 AM Quote
The Sens are breaking my heart. Tied 3-3 with 1:40 left, only to take a stupid penalty and blow it!

Nikki, i completely agree with your assessment of Pronger. He is so dirty and crosses the line time after time. Something like 8 suspensions and TWO in last years plaoffs alone but one more this year....ridiculous!
and then he goes and wins the freakin stanley cup? ERG.
And im pretty sure the entire city of Edmonton hates him.

And im happy for McCarty. He's had his issues, but I think he is a good guy. Good for him. And good for Draper for helping him make a comeback.
Now for the Habs/Bruins game...0-0 in the first.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 13 Apr, 2008 1:02 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
The Sens are breaking my heart. Tied 3-3 with 1:40 left, only to take a stupid penalty and blow it!

Nikki, i completely agree with your assessment of Pronger. He is so dirty and crosses the line time after time. Something like 8 suspensions and TWO in last years plaoffs alone but one more this year....ridiculous!
and then he goes and wins the freakin stanley cup? ERG.
And im pretty sure the entire city of Edmonton hates him.

And im happy for McCarty. He's had his issues, but I think he is a good guy. Good for him. And good for Draper for helping him make a comeback.
Now for the Habs/Bruins game...0-0 in the first.

Oh, I know! The NHL really needs to watch Pronger because he could seriously injure someone and potentially end a player's career with the way he plays. Speaking of most hated players, go Chelios! He broke Patty Roy's record of most playoff games ever played today! I can't stand Roy.

Mac is really loved here in Motown. It's great to see him back and he played his butt off today! The crowd exploded when he scored! I feel bad for the Sens. I'm rooting for them against the Penguins.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 13 Apr, 2008 3:17 AM Quote
Please keep on cheering for the Sens...we can use all the help we can get at this point! Home ice starting Monday, maybe that will help! I blame it on the fact that this is the first time in 4 years that Im not in Ottawa for the playoffs. Well, 3 i guess bc of the lockout.
I dont dislike Roy, bc I grew up a Montreal fan, but I totally understand why you would. He is a cocky son of a bitch, but when he wins for your team, you go with it! He does have some pretty wicked quotes too. When Roenick was calling him out in...96 (?): "I can't hear him. My stanley cup rings are clogging my ears." Classic. And something about if he is crazy for talking to his goal posts and he said something to the effect of "They think they are my friends. It would be inpolite not to talk to my friends." But ya, i get it!
I think hes funny, but I totally understand why people hate him. My fav player of all time, Mark Messier, gets a bad rap for things too, but its just passion and competativness. Pronger though, is just an ass!
Oh, and Yay Habs! 3-2 in Overtime.
the Red Wings are off to a nice start, eh?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 13 Apr, 2008 3:22 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Please keep on cheering for the Sens...we can use all the help we can get at this point! Home ice starting Monday, maybe that will help! I blame it on the fact that this is the first time in 4 years that Im not in Ottawa for the playoffs. Well, 3 i guess bc of the lockout.
I dont dislike Roy, bc I grew up a Montreal fan, but I totally understand why you would. He is a cocky son of a bitch, but when he wins for your team, you go with it! He does have some pretty wicked quotes too. When Roenick was calling him out in...96 (?): "I can't hear him. My stanley cup rings are clogging my ears." Classic. And something about if he is crazy for talking to his goal posts and he said something to the effect of "They think they are my friends. It would be inpolite not to talk to my friends." But ya, i get it!
I think hes funny, but I totally understand why people hate him. My fav player of all time, Mark Messier, gets a bad rap for things too, but its just passion and competativness. Pronger though, is just an ass!
Oh, and Yay Habs! 3-2 in Overtime.
the Red Wings are off to a nice start, eh?

We are off to a nice start! :) Hasek has played well. I just wish we could somehow have a small bungee cord attached to him so he would stay in net, LOL!

Dallas whooped on the Ducks again. HA HA! I love it.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sun 13 Apr, 2008 6:01 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

We are off to a nice start! :) Hasek has played well. I just wish we could somehow have a small bungee cord attached to him so he would stay in net, LOL!

Dallas whooped on the Ducks again. HA HA! I love it.

I know!! 5-2!!! Eat that, Pronger!! wooohoooooo!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 13 Apr, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Hasek has played well. I just wish we could somehow have a small bungee cord attached to him so he would stay in net, LOL!

I know! He makes me nervous sometimes.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 13 Apr, 2008 7:04 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Hasek has played well. I just wish we could somehow have a small bungee cord attached to him so he would stay in net, LOL!

Since you are a wings fan (and my boardie twin) i wont rant about my Hasek hatred.
That was quite the 3rd perdiod by Dallas last night.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:23 PM