Travis

Re: NHL Playoffs begin tonight
minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 19 Apr, 2008 7:30 PM Quote

Deadly, he should support them, A cool logo is fine by me... I've heard of much crappier excuses for alliegance to teams.

Dubz
[/quote]

Like my reasons for the football teams i like? I dont really care too much about football, so I like the dolphins bc they are dolphins and the Packers bc they get awesome cheesehead hats!
And Nikki, thanks for cheering for Canada! Stevie was truely amazing during the olympics. Basically playing on one leg. And there is a fantastic Shanny/Sakic tackle of man love near the end of the game. Shanny is so good at those, lol
finish it off tonight, Habs!
The length of this thread is begining to challange those Argentinian ones (only 100 pgs behind!)! Dedicated hockey fans, i tell ya!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 19 Apr, 2008 8:08 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Deadly, he should support them, A cool logo is fine by me... I've heard of much crappier excuses for alliegance to teams.

Dubz

Like my reasons for the football teams i like? I dont really care too much about football, so I like the dolphins bc they are dolphins and the Packers bc they get awesome cheesehead hats!
And Nikki, thanks for cheering for Canada! Stevie was truely amazing during the olympics. Basically playing on one leg. And there is a fantastic Shanny/Sakic tackle of man love near the end of the game. Shanny is so good at those, lol
finish it off tonight, Habs!
The length of this thread is begining to challange those Argentinian ones (only 100 pgs behind!)! Dedicated hockey fans, i tell ya! [/quote]

Sorry abooot the Sens. :/ I hear they're trying to move Ray Emery in the off season. No offense if you like him, but I think he was bad for the team. Fighting with his own teammates during practice? C'mon!

OH! Did you guys see the interview with Sean Avery after the Rangers knocked out the Devils on NHL Network? The reporter asked him about not shaking hands with Brodeur after the game and he said something along the lines of, "Yeah, the fatso didn't want to shake my hand." LMAO! What a toolbag. The Wings were smart to get rid of him. I think they knew he was bad news. I hear his teammates are embarrassed of him.

Darran
Darran Posted Sat 19 Apr, 2008 9:19 PM Quote
:-D You gotta love to love him nevermind to hate him. Whilst the NHL needs all the good guys and bare in mind my teams captain got every guy out of his locker room to shake hands with a Canucks player, we need the likes of Avery to get bums on seats, he was put on his ass all night by The Devils players but by the games end he was on the winning side.

Over here in Belfast we had Theo and man he pissed every guy on the opposing team off every night like he did in his NHL days but these guys will always be part of NHL folklore.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 20 Apr, 2008 12:41 AM Quote
I kinda love theo. Guy has his issues, but to be that little and make it in the NHL, takes a lot of heart
Ya, Emery...When he is on, he is great, but when he is off...
I feel bad for him. The Ottawa media was ALL over him. And while a lot of it is his own fault, a lot of it gets blow out of proportion. Funny thing about the fight in practice, it was his best friend, Brian McGrattan that he faught, lol. They were back hanging out and out for lunch the next day. But i think a change of scenery will do him good. Playing in Ottawa, or any market where hockey is the focus means you can get away with nothing. He is young, he will learn.
Avery called Brodeur "fatso"? Hmm, one is a world class athlete with an olympic gold metal, 3 stanley cup rings, a world cup, 3 Vezinas, etc etc...and the other is sean avery! He may also be young, but he wont learn! What did Elysha Cuthbert see in him!?

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Sun 20 Apr, 2008 1:33 AM Quote
It's do or die for the Wild tonight! Marion Gaborik has been missing the whole series. He better step it up!

The Stars failed to close out the series last night--maybe they wanted to do it in front of the home crowd tomorrow!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 20 Apr, 2008 2:49 AM Quote
HABS??
erg!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 20 Apr, 2008 3:07 AM Quote
Darran wrote:
:-D You gotta love to love him nevermind to hate him. Whilst the NHL needs all the good guys and bare in mind my teams captain got every guy out of his locker room to shake hands with a Canucks player, we need the likes of Avery to get bums on seats, he was put on his ass all night by The Devils players but by the games end he was on the winning side.

Over here in Belfast we had Theo and man he pissed every guy on the opposing team off every night like he did in his NHL days but these guys will always be part of NHL folklore.

Darran, I totally agree about it being a part of NHL folklore. I love that kind of stuff. It makes for great rivalries.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 20 Apr, 2008 5:28 AM Quote
[quote="minnesotamary"] It's do or die for the Wild tonight! Marion Gaborik has been missing the whole series. He better step it up!

Kinda sad about the Wild. I like Mikko Koivu a lot.
Although Im happy to see that Theodore has found his form again.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 20 Apr, 2008 5:49 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
[quote="minnesotamary"] It's do or die for the Wild tonight! Marion Gaborik has been missing the whole series. He better step it up!

Kinda sad about the Wild. I like Mikko Koivu a lot.
Although Im happy to see that Theodore has found his form again.

Screw the Avs. Boooooo! If we end up playing them, they're toast.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 20 Apr, 2008 6:15 PM Quote
Hour and 45 mins. until game time, kids. I've got a couple loads of "lucky laundry" to do. Nikki, I know it's warm today, but you're just going to have to get your lucky blanket and sweat it out.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 20 Apr, 2008 6:57 PM Quote
Good luck Wings! Im cheering for you! Although, we have seen what my cheering has done so far this year...

Ive been planning on going rollarblading for an hour. i better leave so that im back in time for the game.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 20 Apr, 2008 7:02 PM Quote
58 min . tic tic tic tic

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 20 Apr, 2008 7:04 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Hour and 45 mins. until game time, kids. I've got a couple loads of "lucky laundry" to do. Nikki, I know it's warm today, but you're just going to have to get your lucky blanket and sweat it out.

My Red Wings blanket is folded on the couch and ready for me, lol. It is a beautiful, warm day today, but we've got all the windows open so there's a bit of a breeze coming through the house. I think I'll be fine. GO WINGS!!! Put 'em away!!!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 20 Apr, 2008 10:45 PM Quote
Looks like the lucky charms are working !!! barring 3 goals in thelast 4 seconds. The wings are through

wtf is going on with the Canadiens ???

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 20 Apr, 2008 10:54 PM Quote
I just got home from shopping and ran to the TV to find them all shaking hands. No score posted. Since they were in Nashville and all the Nashville fans were cheering, I was thinking they won...but nooooo, the Wings shut 'em out! And I've got two loads of fresh laundry. Ahhhhh.

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:21 AM