Travis

Re: can you peeps help me?
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 3:40 PM Quote
I'd go see them any chance you get!! ;)
The tickets to the festival might be more expensive, but like someone said earlier, you get to see other bands as well.
I saw them a bunch of times last year (flew out to see em!) and it got to be a bit expensive, but really...it was totally worth it!

If you can't afford the festival though, you should go to one of the shows when they tour. Lots of the venues they play at are smaller, more intimate, and it just makes the show that much more special!

I hope you do get to see them one day!! good luck!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 4:06 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Yes wait for the next tour. :) They'll be touring later on in the year. I cannot wait. I hope for similar gigs to the last 2 or 3. Longer sets (a band with 6 albums should do at least 22 songs I think), more varied and some rare oldies.

yep agree with you. My experience of seeing Travis at a festival was not a good one. Too many peoble drunk and shouting, nearly drowning Travis in all of this... nah much prefer the proper gigs...... Barrowlands preferably :)

rebekah
rebekah Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 4:13 PM Quote
well i've only seen them once..and i'm soo glad it was an intiate venue..believe me it is worth the wait!
I was really excited that Travis were playing at V fest this yearr..and was hoping to go..but frankly..the stage that they are on..and the other bands that are playing aren't that good..with the tickets being quite expensive too..and what's the point when you can just wait a little and it can be so much more special :)
i know it sucks waiting..(believe me i know) but i do know it's worth it.
x

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 5:05 PM Quote
If you are into festivals it could be fun to go and you'll see Travis but I agree with most of the posters that it's worth waiting to see them when it's THEIR show.

That's a bummer that you've had a comedy of errors in trying to see them but I think it's worth the wait and hopefully it'll work out this next time around.

So.
worth.
it.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 6:09 PM Quote
Oooh, I would love to see them at festival. I tried to see them at the Vfest back in '02 when they were to headline but Neil had his accident. It was still awesome, except the camping bit, but Travis was the whole reason I bought tickets :( So I may be biased in thinking that one should just do it. I've also seen them play several times in smaller settings, so I'd love a change and new vibe.

Lafkadio
Lafkadio Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 9:30 AM Quote

murrymintage
murrymintage Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 10:06 AM Quote
Moray wrote:
How does one smell minty?

natural source mint shower gel hehe

mili
mili Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 10:11 AM Quote
murrymintage wrote:
aww! heyup ma duck! my names marie really...but i got the nickname murry. coz i happend to smell minty at the time. odd story lol

I used to love Murray mints, always brought them back from England (I live in Finland but visit UK twice a year, usually) until I decided to cut down on sweets :^(

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 8:15 PM