Travis

can you peeps help me?
murrymintage
murrymintage Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 12:44 PM Quote
im a bit new to all this stoof. but anywho. hello!
ive wanted to see travis for yeeeeeeears but something has always gone wrong and ive not been able to. so now im pondering whether to go to v festival just to see them. buuuut i cant really afford it so my question is..or rather questions...
do you think i should? and what are the chances of travis goin on tour again becuase id rather go and see them like that:D

any advice greatfully recieved my lovlys!
x

Re: can you peeps help me?
Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 1:05 PM Quote

Hello and welcome to the Board! :)

I think that if you just about can afford it and you really, really, really want to see Travis, then by all means go. Because for this money you'll get to see Travis and other great bands as well.

On the other hand, if money is the issue, you may want to wait a bit - i'm pretty sure that once the new album is out (late summer, early autumn, as it is speculated?) they will go touring with it. By that time you will have saved some more money and you could go to see even maybe more than just one show (assuming you live in the UK) :D

Hmh, sorry, i guess i wasn't that much help... :/

murrymintage
murrymintage Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 1:13 PM Quote
nah hun! it did help! it would be easier for my to save up my pennies and wait for them to go on tour. its just...im somewhat doomed in the travis viewing department. i always seem to miss them :( so they are definatly releasing a new album then?
x

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 1:17 PM Quote
Songs are recorded, mixing is in process, everybody is about to explode with excitement and anticipation. Yes, they're definitely releasing a new album! :D

Check out the band section for more information

murrymintage
murrymintage Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 1:20 PM Quote
well thats a bit flippin cool!
im a bit behind on my travis news. so much uuni work!
thankyou again for all the help.
i think i might risk it and wait for a tour.:s

wendongotta
wendongotta Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 1:20 PM Quote
murrymintage wrote:
nah hun! it did help! it would be easier for my to save up my pennies and wait for them to go on tour. its just...im somewhat doomed in the travis viewing department. i always seem to miss them :( so they are definatly releasing a new album then?
x

yup they are releasing the new album. franny has posted about his time in nyc doing the mixing of it, and dougie posted a while ago about how the recording was going. check it out.
band posts

wendongotta
wendongotta Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 1:23 PM Quote
murrymintage wrote:
well thats a bit flippin cool!
im a bit behind on my travis news. so much uuni work!
thankyou again for all the help.
i think i might risk it and wait for a tour.:s

you are lucky to have the opportunity and all, but since money is tight and you probably live in the uk, take your time. it will come lol. i've only seen the boys once in my life down in nyc about 4 or 5 years ago. i was amazed and had a blast. yeah it would be awesome to see them again asap, but i can't just fly over to see a show and fly back. it would be cool if i could though!!! lol

murrymintage
murrymintage Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 1:33 PM Quote
i hope i dont get anyone mad sayin this but..i was worried about waiting incase they go and split on us. then id be mortified. but they wudnt do that! would they?

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 1:39 PM Quote
murrymintage wrote:
i hope i dont get anyone mad sayin this but..i was worried about waiting incase they go and split on us. then id be mortified. but they wudnt do that! would they?

Now why would they do that?! They're just as excited about the new album (and all that comes with it) as we are. It'd be kind of silly to drop eevrything just like that. Besides, Fran's answer to a recent question about him starting a solo career was sth in the line 'why should i do that when i play in the best band in the world?!' so there, that should put your fears away.

But just in case - touch wood! NOW!
:)

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 1:40 PM Quote
lol, don't worry, they're not going to split, I'm 100% certain of that!

Ok, so if you want my opinion on whether to see them at V or wait for them to tour....I would wait to be honest. I have seen them at a festival and several gigs, the gigs are just more intimate and you really get the Travis buzz!

So that's just my opinion anyway! If you like queuing up for smelly porta-loos and risking squelching in a field full of mud, then go for it!! :)

murrymintage
murrymintage Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 1:48 PM Quote
i do love my festivals tho :D

but yup. ill wait.
i agree with fran. they are the best! i hang around with a lot of people who slate me for lovin travis but i just tell em to shush. lol

thankyou all so being so freindly. it can be a bit scary postin on a board for the first time

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 1:54 PM Quote
Yes wait for the next tour. :) They'll be touring later on in the year. I cannot wait. I hope for similar gigs to the last 2 or 3. Longer sets (a band with 6 albums should do at least 22 songs I think), more varied and some rare oldies.

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 2:43 PM Quote
I just thought I'd wave at a fellow 'Murry'.

murrymintage
murrymintage Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 2:50 PM Quote
aww! heyup ma duck! my names marie really...but i got the nickname murry. coz i happend to smell minty at the time. odd story lol

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 2:55 PM Quote
How does one smell minty?

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:32 AM