Travis

Update on Shellfish Jean
moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 7:54 PM Quote
Hey, my pet hermit crab Shellfish Jean has gone through her second molt with me and is now a lot bigger. She has also changed her shell so it's about time I posted another picture. Enjoy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/purplelurcher/ShellfishJean.jpg

Re: Update on Shellfish Jean
moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 7:58 PM Quote
aw cute!! So does she tell you she's ready for a new shell?! Or do you leave a few different ones in her tank in the hope she'll settle down in one? I need to know more about hermit crabs!!

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 8:00 PM Quote
I just leave loads in her tank and she picks one out whenever she likes. The one she's in at the moment is her current favourite although there's quite a nice green one she occasionally likes to wear lol. Her friend, Snippet, is wearing her old shell at the moment, even though it's way too big :-)

wendongotta
wendongotta Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 8:10 PM Quote
omg i love the name lol. i've always wanted a hermit crab. tell me, what are they like? what do they eat? all that jazz...

then again i have 4 dogs, 3 cats, and a ball python... maybe we can find some room for a hermit crab or two. we had 3 tree frogs, but my dad froze them to death by leaving the window open. damn you daddy!!!

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 8:27 PM Quote
Lol thanks, her name sprang to me when I was playing Travis supermarket racing haha.

Hermit crabs are all different really. Shellfish takes after her name and is selfish in the fact that she'll push Snippet away if she goes anywhere near the food and in the fact that she LOVES waking her owner up at 3 in the morning when there is revision to be done... Snippet on the other hand/claw is a sweetie. She loves to come out and walk on my hands and generally keeps quiet when I am trying to sleep. They eat practically anything as long as it's not processed although I mainly feed them on special pellets. Shellfish's favourite food is honey and Snippet's favourite is mango which she likes to pull apart and eat like spagetti. They make really good pets. Just don't do what I do and keep them in your bedroom... Oh to have an unbroken night's sleep again lol

happy_me
happy_me Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 8:35 PM Quote
That is the best name I've heard in ages!! HAHAHA!

Aletways
Aletways Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 9:05 PM Quote
Omg, she's huge!!! I love reading about Shellfish's everyday life haha, thank you for the update!

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 9:44 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:
Omg, she's huge!!! I love reading about Shellfish's everyday life haha, thank you for the update!

Lol I love posting about Shellfish to people who actually understand her name :-P I managed to convert my sister to Travis because of her name haha

rebekah
rebekah Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 9:59 PM Quote
oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh...i never knew all this about them...mangoo..really? how bizarre!! i'm not a fan myself..but each to their own rightttyy?? they are kindaa cute in a weird way lol! do they claw you a bit? lol
x

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 10:07 PM Quote
rebekah wrote:
oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh...i never knew all this about them...mangoo..really? how bizarre!! i'm not a fan myself..but each to their own rightttyy?? they are kindaa cute in a weird way lol! do they claw you a bit? lol
x

Shellfish LOVES to pinch me at every available opertunity lol. I'm going to see if Shellfish likes Banana dipped in honey tomorrow.. I do like to spoil my pets ;-D She probably will like it, she's a honey addict!

TK23
TK23 Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 12:31 AM Quote
Eek, I used to hate when my hermit crabs would molt. It's pretty gross... especially when they EAT their old exoskeleton. I think it takes a special kind of creepy-crawly loving person to truly love every aspect of having a pet hermit crab, lol!

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 9:19 AM Quote
TK23 wrote:
Eek, I used to hate when my hermit crabs would molt. It's pretty gross... especially when they EAT their old exoskeleton. I think it takes a special kind of creepy-crawly loving person to truly love every aspect of having a pet hermit crab, lol!

I got so freaked out when Shellfish fist molted, I though she had fallen out of her shell and died until she peeked out of her shell and looked at me lol! I wouldn't say they are creepy... Just very very odd ;-P

missmoo
missmoo Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 9:39 AM Quote
moo_the_evil_boffin wrote:
Hey, my pet hermit crab Shellfish Jean has gone through her second molt with me and is now a lot bigger. She has also changed her shell so it's about time I posted another picture. Enjoy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/purplelurcher/ShellfishJean.jpg

Aww, she is still as cute as ever!

How is Jeans screaching coming along?

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 9:40 AM Quote
Aw man don't remind me about the screeching! Three AM regular as clockwork lol

wendongotta
wendongotta Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 1:06 PM Quote
moo_the_evil_boffin wrote:
... and in the fact that she LOVES waking her owner up at 3 in the morning when there is revision to be done... Snippet on the other hand/claw is a sweetie. She loves to come out and walk on my hands and generally keeps quiet when I am trying to sleep. They eat practically anything as long as it's not processed although I mainly feed them on special pellets. Shellfish's favourite food is honey and Snippet's favourite is mango which she likes to pull apart and eat like spagetti.

they wake you up??? i would think they would be rather quiet! my cat inigo montoya loves to cuddle up to me and starts to claw at my face until i finally get up and get ready for class. i swear he knows me like a book already.
and you give your crabs honey?!?! i thought crabs and other crustaceans (spelling?) were like bottom-feeders and stuff. i could see the fruit, but honey?!?! then again, my chocolate lab loves tootsie roll pops. and bananas. and everything that stands still long enough.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:17 AM