Travis

Fake Plastic Trees
martina
martina Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 11:06 AM Quote
Sorry if this has already been asked, but the Wikipedia article says Travis have covered that song, when did this happen? I once heard there was a file of it but it turned out to be a fake, could anyone explain?

Re: Fake Plastic Trees
Joanna
Joanna Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 11:53 AM Quote
Travis have not covered fake plastic trees.
i cant remember the story behind this, but someone will. an oldie probably

choke the chicken
choke the chicken Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 2:26 PM Quote
Massive attack have covered fake plastic trees

Can't think of anyone else that has though

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 2:48 PM Quote
I found a cover of this song by Travis... I thought that were they O.o
Cheers!

mayfly
mayfly Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 3:10 PM Quote
That's fake. :)

martina
martina Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 3:21 PM Quote
yeh that is what I knew, thanx

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Fri 04 Apr, 2008 9:47 AM Quote
It was a guy called "Travis" rather than the band themselves,as far as I'm concerned.But when every1 googled it or found it in limewire or soforth,they misunderstood it naturally.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 04 Apr, 2008 9:31 PM Quote
Joanna wrote:

I want to ask the same, but the topic is done...

I don`t like that song, thanks to god that`s not a travis cover

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 04 Apr, 2008 10:38 PM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
Joanna wrote:

I want to ask the same, but the topic is done...

I don`t like that song, thanks to god that`s not a travis cover

Oh no. Its an awesome song. I'm glad they've not covered it because they couldn't beat the original.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 05 Apr, 2008 10:26 AM Quote
I only got The Bends the other day, I've been thinking about it for ages, but I thought it would be weirder than it is, more like recent Radiohead. It's a fantastic album though! I can't remember how much I like FPT compared to the rest, but a Travis cover would be strange, but very interesting. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 05 Apr, 2008 12:32 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
I only got The Bends the other day, I've been thinking about it for ages, but I thought it would be weirder than it is, more like recent Radiohead. It's a fantastic album though! I can't remember how much I like FPT compared to the rest, but a Travis cover would be strange, but very interesting. :)

I only got into Radiohead this time last year. I got Pablo Honey first right through in the right order. Not heard In Rainbows yet. That's a couple of weeks away for me. Haha. I love them but I don't think their later stuff is as consistent as their earlier stuff. I think they do get better in a way but I only like 5 songs on Amnesiac, but I can listen to OK Computer all the way through. Anyway, this is a Travis website... sorry! :)

I've heard Nude and it is amazing!!! Wonderful song.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 05 Apr, 2008 12:44 PM Quote
I've got into Radiohead a lot over the last year or so. I'd love to see Travis do a FPT cover - I know they're radiohead fans themselves so it's possible. For the record, my fav radiohead albums are in Rainbows and The Bends. :) I have all but the first one... not really interested in getting that one.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 05 Apr, 2008 1:15 PM Quote
I know they're fans of early Radiohead but Fran has said, or been quoted as saying on a number of occasions, that he's not a fan of their later stuff. My favourite is Ok Computer for sure. I love Pablo Honey! It might not be very Radiohead but its still great. I think I'm going to love In Rainbows.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 05 Apr, 2008 2:18 PM Quote
I hope you like In Rainbows, it confused me a bit at first, but I'm starting to get into it now. Nude is an amazing song!

Did you hear the gigs they did for the BBC last week? If not, take a look here. Beware of the In Rainbows songs though :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 05 Apr, 2008 2:42 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
I hope you like In Rainbows, it confused me a bit at first, but I'm starting to get into it now. Nude is an amazing song!

Did you hear the gigs they did for the BBC last week? If not, take a look here. Beware of the In Rainbows songs though :)

Thanks very much. I've got the £40 box thing but I've not been able to enjoy it yet. I'll listen to the BBC stuff in a few weeks thanks. I saw them on Jonathan Woss last night. Nude is brilliant. :) I've heard it a few times now. Prefer their less experimental songs. They're much better at writing normal songs. They're my 3rd favourite band for sure.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:18 PM