Travis

Poor me :( day 2
Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 8:14 PM Quote
My cat has stayed under my bed all day. She's still there. Sometimes I check what she does and she just stays there, she doesn't even move, even her face stays absolutely still, I can just feel that she weakly breathes, she looks so sick and breathes noisly with her mouth open.
She didn't drink or eat all day again, it's two days now. We tried to give her some water this morning and she threw it up.
Everything looks so different these days, we're all around her and every time I go to check what she does my breath goes away because I'm afraid of what I could find under my bed

Re: Poor me :( day 2
rebekah
rebekah Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 8:31 PM Quote
this is soo awful..i really hope she gets better!
x

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 8:34 PM Quote
you're gonna have to decide if they're suffering , if so you'll have to take em in . i had to do it recently and i'm still not over it but i didn't want him to suffer anymore

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 8:38 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
you're gonna have to decide if they're suffering , if so you'll have to take em in . i had to do it recently and i'm still not over it but i didn't want him to suffer anymore

That's what I was thinking about. The vet asked us to call him tomorrow and we'll talk about that too

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 8:52 PM Quote
I agree with Ric. Even though it's hard, sometimes helping them to the end is the kindest thing you can do for them.

iraida
iraida Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 8:54 PM Quote
Rain on the brain wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

That's what I was thinking about. The vet asked us to call him tomorrow and we'll talk about that too

Tough desition honey ... but you must do what´s the best.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 8:55 PM Quote
I went through the same thing years ago. In the end, we had to take him in because he was suffering so much. One of the most difficult days of my life. Sorry for you.

Lucyx
Lucyx Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 8:59 PM Quote
Aww gosh, that's awful!
I wish you the best of luck!
I've been through a similar thing with my rabbit.
I hope it doesnt end for you as it did for me.
We're all here for you

xxx

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 9:10 PM Quote
i broke down when it happened , but better then imagining em suffer longer

varz
varz Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 3:52 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
i broke down when it happened , but better then imagining em suffer longer

i know what you mean. its such a hard decision to make, but sometimes its better for the poor wee animal.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 4:16 PM Quote
Sorry to hear. Making that decision is the hardest part of pet ownership. Do what the vet says, he's not going to suggest anything that's not in the best interest of the animal. We had to euthanize my cat who had leukemia and a cancerous tumor on his spine about a year ago. It was really tough to let go but it had to be done. My thoughts are with you :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 4:37 PM Quote
when my cat was very ill, I wanted to give him another chance and asked the vet to give him yet again some medicine and took him home again in the mad hope he would recover. Well he did not and watching him getting worse by the hour was just too dreadful. I now wish I'd let him go to cat heaven earlier. It's hard.....

*hugs*
sina:)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:11 PM