Travis

Travis on myspace???
81 Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 11:13 PM Quote
Hi to everybody ... Travis will load the songs in preview on myspace as for TBWNN? What do you say?

Fran, if you want, can say it to us! Thanks

Re: Travis on myspace???
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 11:28 PM Quote
I hope they don't to be honest. I think it would help the excitement on the albums release if we haven't heard the songs, except the single of course. I've heard them all live and know them well but studio recorded is going to be a lot different. I can't wait to open my cd and give it that first listen. Its going to be great!!! lol

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 11:52 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I hope they don't to be honest. I think it would help the excitement on the albums release if we haven't heard the songs, except the single of course. I've heard them all live and know them well but studio recorded is going to be a lot different. I can't wait to open my cd and give it that first listen. Its going to be great!!! lol

Agree :)

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 9:00 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Agree. Nothing better than all the wondering about what the songs are like when you buy the album at the record store and you read the names of the songs on the cover while you're going home and then you give first hearing with the cd in your cd player and the booklet in your hands

rebekah
rebekah Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 9:03 PM Quote
agree agree agreee :)
but then again..what about those who haven't heard the songs as they were unable to go to the 5 dates in Feb? luckily i went to one but if i hadn't then i would want to know..and would feel quite left out..

jambut
jambut Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 11:16 PM Quote
also you can download tracks off myspace even if they are set to not allow downloads if you know how.

MemphisQueen
MemphisQueen Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 12:33 AM Quote
jambut wrote:
also you can download tracks off myspace even if they are set to not allow downloads if you know how.

pray, do tell? i'm technologically challenged...that's why i have a mac! :)

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 10:28 AM Quote
surely they'll do. hear TBWNN on myspace was a nightmare after the 3rd song. I refuse to listen more than 3 songs on it and I waited till the album release.

surely with the new album they'll do the same. luckily I heard the songs on the club gig, but, you know, heard the songs for the first time after you buy your CD... is priceless!!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 4:38 PM Quote
I guess they will but I wish they'd rather not. Find it extremely frustrating as the sound is not good, it keeps cutting out and all that kind of problems. On the other hand not being with a label (as far as we know) the new album might only be available on download !? Hope not !

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 4:52 PM Quote
I don't think we have to worry about it being download only. Travis aren't a huge band these days but they're a band that will guarantee a relatively successful album and a couple of top 40 singles. And promoted well could reach top 10 singles as Closer did.

Also, I don't think they will put them on MySpace this time. Maybe a week or so before they'll put a couple of tracks up but not like last time. Especially as the majority of fans seem to be against it.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 4:58 PM Quote
let's hope so .. fingers crossed :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:47 PM