Travis

Travis page on Wikipedia
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 1:01 AM Quote
I know Wikipedia can be a right load of old arse but have a look at Travis' page. I know its more than likely a load of shite but talk of Dougie leaving, A greatest hits album in September, and a Fran solo album due for November...

That's the sort of stuff you dream about and then when you wake up feel so relieved it was all a dream... well, you hope it was a dream. Why would someone write that crap?

Re: Travis page on Wikipedia
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 1:05 AM Quote
Its back to normal. :) Haha. Keep a look out though. I'm sure whoever did it will be back. Why do people do stuff like that?!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 1:08 AM Quote
Ohh, I missed it! xD.

Conor14
Conor14 Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 1:47 AM Quote
wikipedia is helarious. one page is never the same two days in a row.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 4:19 AM Quote
that dream ou said about happened to me like three weeks ago, but in the dream, i entered here, to the board, and there was a TWT thread saying somehing like this:
"Travis will be playing their last show as a band tonight in glasgow, we want to say thanks to everyone who support us, and this is the end of the band" it was really really sad, i remember the feeling abou it, i though "damn! my favourite band won't exists anymore..." in a very shocking wa, then i wake up, and i felt very relived. haha, then i thought, the day they make that decision will be really sad.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 6:47 AM Quote
a funny and devious thought crossed my mind.
Could it be a "revenge" page (even if already corrected) on wikipedia after the end of the record deal...?
I realise this is really vicious thinking...sorry, but just crossed my mind.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 9:14 AM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
"Travis will be playing their last show as a band tonight in glasgow, we want to say thanks to everyone who support us, and this is the end of the band"

THAT is reaaallly a nightmare!!! I hope they don't decide to separate at least a lot of years... i need to make me an idea that everything *some day* will finish.

por cierto, hace mucho q no te veo Jesus, espero estes bien ;)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 11:09 AM Quote
Wikivandalism is all the rage these days. People need to get laid.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 11:46 AM Quote
Yes, I have to say it did make me realise that one day in the future it will happen. Hopefully not for many years yet. I have quite a few awful dreams and then you wake up and just feel so relieved! That would be an awful way to end the band. A goodbye tour would be nice... though hopefully not for a very, very long time!

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 12:25 PM Quote
it's the same on fran's page at the moment:

"In February 2008 Healy signed to Mercury Records on a four album solo deal with his debut single and album tipped for release in November 2008, after Travis's Greatest Hits is released and their expected split is officially announced."

pffft, someone got bored. >.<

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 12:31 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:

"In February 2008 Healy signed to Mercury Records on a four album solo deal with his debut single and album tipped for release in November 2008, after Travis's Greatest Hits is released and their expected split is officially announced."

I would be scared if they hadn't done those 5 shows playing new songs and then recorded a new album!!! Especially one as good as it is. I think it'll be my favourite Travis album! I don't see Travis stopping for many years. Although Fran, if you read this, can you officially laugh off this nonsense for us! Haha.

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 1:18 PM Quote
yeah, it would be cool if fran could comment on this... i mean, i don't believe a word of it, but still... blah, dunno ;)
people already started quoting it on a german page, so it can get a bit annoying.

mili
mili Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 1:51 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
yeah, it would be cool if fran could comment on this... i mean, i don't believe a word of it, but still... blah, dunno ;)
people already started quoting it on a german page, so it can get a bit annoying.

Well, there was this not that long ago:

Fran wrote:
I don't think that there will ever be a Fran Healy solo project. Why would I want to when I play in the greatest living rock and roll band of all time :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 3:15 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:

Wow, when you read it like that... it's very scary!!!
I hate people playing with my mind xD. I mean, we know it's not true, but still!

Alisha
Alisha Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 4:03 PM Quote
let's indulge on this and it will alll feel better :)

http://www.travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=7402#129253

plus... on the side... why mercury??? years and years with an indipendent label to end up under UMG? it's not realsitic is it? (if in the end they'll sign up with universal anyway I know I'm so gonna regret this statement :P)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:46 AM