Travis

Re: Worst fashion trend ever...
minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:22 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
oh, but we haven't talked about hair yet...a really cool 'do would add even more to the ensemble!

Talk about spraying a whole can of Aqua Net for those 'dos.

**suffocating amongst the fumes**

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:24 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Rhoobarb wrote:
Luminous socks and fingerless gloves have to be way up the top of the faux pas list.

I wore a pair of black satin fingerless gloves to my senior prom! I still have them. Perhaps I should pass them on to Megg, the satin worshipper.

I had a cotton I suppose it was pair in school, I believe they were luminous green as if to make things worse.

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:25 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
oh, but we haven't talked about hair yet...a really cool 'do would add even more to the ensemble!

Only one haircut would do... the mullet :-)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:26 PM Quote
Rhoobarb wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Rhoobarb wrote:
Luminous socks and fingerless gloves have to be way up the top of the faux pas list.

I wore a pair of black satin fingerless gloves to my senior prom! I still have them. Perhaps I should pass them on to Megg, the satin worshipper.

I had a cotton I suppose it was pair in school, I believe they were luminous green as if to make things worse.

I think the ones made of net material were the worst.
Any rubber bracelets?

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:28 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Rhoobarb wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Rhoobarb wrote:

I think the ones made of net material were the worst.
Any rubber bracelets?

I bet you had a snood as well didn't you :-)

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:29 PM Quote
Oooh and big colourful plastic earrings - an absolute must for any follower of fashion.

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:30 PM Quote
Aww, just reminiscing about the 80s...it was the best of times and the worst of times. I loved Cyndi Lauper!!

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:31 PM Quote
This is wrong on so many levels Hahahaha

http://www.mikulov.org/snood%20unicorn.jpg

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:36 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
pretty sure journey & Night Ranger wear those

Probably, but Steve Perry's voice makes up for his fashion flub. He's got one of the best vocals...Freddy Mercury a close second :)

mili
mili Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:45 PM Quote
I went to England (London and Torquay) for a language course in 1982 (if my memory serves me right). I was very proud of my new outfit I bought in London: A red top with diagonal netting pattern and a green skirt, shortish wide one ( I suppose it was a kind of rara skirt!!). I had permed shortish hair (longer at the back) and a kind of thin headband accross the forehead. Pretty awful! I mainly used red, black and white those days, had a straw hat and slightly too short trousers, you get the picture.

Nice site about fashions:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/years/1982/fashion1.shtml

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:49 PM Quote
can we order matching knitted sweaters ?

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:50 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
Meridith wrote:

yasss! hahaha i remember my aunt having a bottle of aqua net in our house when i was a kid!

http://www.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/292209.jpg

mili
mili Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 6:01 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
minnesotamary wrote:
Meridith wrote:

yasss! hahaha i remember my aunt having a bottle of aqua net in our house when i was a kid!

http://www.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/292209.jpg

What's that? Does it have a "lovely and realistic" wet look or is it just another hair spray?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 6:02 PM Quote
My friend's "alternative" sister used to use lemon Jell-O as a hair sculpting product. Can you imagine? I'm surprised she wasn't followed around by bees. My mother referred to her as "the girl with the black squirrel on her head." She tried very hard to be British.

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 6:08 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
My friend's "alternative" sister used to use lemon Jell-O as a hair sculpting product. Can you imagine? I'm surprised she wasn't followed around by bees. My mother referred to her as "the girl with the black squirrel on her head." She tried very hard to be British.

Why??? *Shock*

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:39 PM