Travis

Re: tea
deebee
deebee Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:24 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
deebee wrote:
It's very hard to get a decent cuppa out here and I get very weird looks when I say I have to put milk in it! They definately like their fruity/strange tasting stuff. But low and behold I found PG tips in my local supermarket the other day ( no more filling a suitcase with tea when I'm coming back from the UK, woohoo!) I cleared the shelf and bought every box, lol!

Ah ces Anglais! ;-) I'm just teasing you!

haha, I've become French in MANY ways Lucile, but I just can't let go of my tea, aaah *clinging tightly onto the kettle whilst reaching for the tea caddy*
I'm off to put the kettle on (and make dinner) - anyone for a cuppa?

mili
mili Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
I like Lady Grey and Russian Earl Grey (has a hint of lemon), but have no problem with any tea.

Neat, nothing white in it.

spid
spid Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:48 PM Quote
ooo, now I love tea - a mixture of ENglish breakfast and Earl Grey is my current tea of choice. BUT . . . it has to be made in a tea-pot and left to brew properly! None of this dunking a tea bag crap! Milk no sugar (unless it's cafe tea - i.e. a dunked tea bag and then sugar makes it drinkable!)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:50 PM Quote
tea for two
and two for tea
me and you
and you and me

mili
mili Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:58 PM Quote
spid wrote:
ooo, now I love tea - a mixture of ENglish breakfast and Earl Grey is my current tea of choice. BUT . . . it has to be made in a tea-pot and left to brew properly! None of this dunking a tea bag crap! Milk no sugar (unless it's cafe tea - i.e. a dunked tea bag and then sugar makes it drinkable!)

Totally agree! I saw an old friend of mine literally dunking and shaking the tea bag in a cup and then taking it out, only lasted about 10 seconds. There can't be any flavour after such a treatment!.

But no milk or sugar for me or my English hubby. We tend to confuse people in the UK, and his habits had formed before he met me.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:58 PM Quote
Earl Grey all the way.

:)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 5:59 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Earl Grey all the way.

oui !

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 6:27 PM Quote
disaster in the moominbadger household!! We've run out of tea bags! aRGH! I tried having a coffee instead but it just didn't hit the spot. And although green tea is quite nice, it's just not right. It's not comforting like a proper cuppa. I'm off to the Spar shop to get some PG tips.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 6:32 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Earl Grey all the way.

oui !

Three!

spid
spid Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 6:37 PM Quote
mili wrote:

Totally agree! I saw an old friend of mine literally dunking and shaking the tea bag in a cup and then taking it out, only lasted about 10 seconds. There can't be any flavour after such a treatment!.

Exactly - it's just slightly coloured hot water then - no taste at all!

Beetlebum82
Beetlebum82 Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 8:30 PM Quote
i choose Twinings tea:

- Prince of Wales
- English Breakfast

With milk please :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 8:44 PM Quote
I like
Twinnings Lady Grey (very similar to Earl but with a little citrus)
Tazo's Green Tea

The Lady Grey must have milk in it. And ginger cookies to dip in it. It's good stuff.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 9:30 PM Quote
Tetley all the way!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 6:26 PM