pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 3:35 PM Quote
Great pics!!!

I want to go theeeeeere!

Re: 15 days in Scotland
yulen10
yulen10 Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 3:38 PM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
Which is the best part, town, or place in scotland?
It's on of my future plans to go there

Well, i don´t live there but I loved these ones at first sight:
If you like landscapes you can´t avoid Skye Island (give a lift to the complete island if you have a car), Fort William, Eilean Donnan Castle, etc.. North-west part of Scotland is a dream for your eyes.
Big Castles: Edinburgh, Stirling
Cities: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness...

varz
varz Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 3:58 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
Am I the only one who dislikes Aberdoom?! Wait, wait - I know Gladly does!!

It's nice and small and I'm settled here; however there's a grand total of nothing of note to see or do in the city. At all.

Awww its a pretty city - and it has a beach which is THE best part for me! I love the seaside! Have to say though, I can't wait to move back home so I can be nearer to Glasgow for shopping/drinking/clubs which aren't liquid!

Beetlebum82
Beetlebum82 Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 8:40 AM Quote
yulen10 wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:
Which is the best part, town, or place in scotland?
It's on of my future plans to go there

Well, i don´t live there but I loved these ones at first sight:
If you like landscapes you can´t avoid Skye Island (give a lift to the complete island if you have a car), Fort William, Eilean Donnan Castle, etc.. North-west part of Scotland is a dream for your eyes.
Big Castles: Edinburgh, Stirling
Cities: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness...

Good selection
It is easy to go by bus from one city to another, and tickets are very cheap.
If you want to visit the Highlands it´s better rent a car
There are some really amazing landscapes

(it´s sooooooo hard to drive on the left side!!! )

we went to hostels, where we met a lot of people from all countries ( great experience!!)

We had two guitars and one harmonic, that we played when we cameback from the pubs<--- closed very soon!!!
We (6) begun to play and sing... people come to fun with us and finaly we were about 15/20 (in glasgow and inverness including the owner hostel)

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 8:34 AM Quote
great, it's a plan for me to go, i'll keep these places to visit. I was imaging me driving a rent car there, it would be strange, here in america (the continent) the wheel is on the left side, i find it confusing XD.
Anyway, after finding a job and gaining some money, you know, i need to save some, to make a trip there.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 9:38 AM Quote
woow!! beautiful pics!!!

I wish to back to scotland!! there's such beautiful, I bet you enjoyed that trip!!!

I still wish to go to Iverness and edinburgh!!! -my scottish trip was only glasgow and aberdeen just for see Travis haha

leticia
leticia Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 11:32 PM Quote

Great pics!!! I am staying 4 days in Scotland... 3 in Edinburgh. I want to visit the seaside while I'm there, do you have any great beach to recommend?

L.

Beetlebum82
Beetlebum82 Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 8:24 AM Quote
In my opinion in Saint Andrews and in Elie are the more beautiful beaches. Are small but so cute place to visit.

If you can try to go to a folk concert , i did, it was great , this is a pic with two members of the band, so nice people.

My tie was very appropriate :-)

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8505/bandpm2.jpg

Digsy
Digsy Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 10:09 AM Quote
wow. AMAZING photos!!
I'm going to Scotland for the first time this year and am so excited about it, it's always been my dream to go there, and seeing these photos make me go there even more! :)
*great tie as well :D, will think about the folk concert x

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 4:14 PM Quote
leticia wrote:

Great pics!!! I am staying 4 days in Scotland... 3 in Edinburgh. I want to visit the seaside while I'm there, do you have any great beach to recommend?

L.

Yeah. North Berwick, just outside Edinburgh
Ayr, Just South of Glasgow
and Blameddie, North of Aberdeen

leticia
leticia Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 4:16 PM Quote
Great idea!!! I'll try to go to a folk concert... I've never thought of that. Also, the tie matches the Scottish sorroundings... :)

L.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 4:17 PM Quote
Did you see Nessie and Andrew ?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 4:31 PM Quote
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2095/dsc00571xx3.jpg

looks like TEXAS

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 4:32 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2095/dsc00571xx3.jpg

looks like TEXAS

JAYSUS !

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 7:32 PM Quote
Beautiful pictures!! I want to go to Scotland so bad!

Moray, I just noticed on the map on the first page of this thread that there's a place called the Moray Firth! Were you named after this? :)

From Wiki:
"It is the largest firth in Scotland. The firth has more than 800 kilometres (about 500 miles) of coastline, much of which is cliff. A number of rivers flow into the Moray Firth, including the River Ness and the River Spey. Various smaller firths and bays are inlets of the firth.

The Moray Firth is one of the most important places on the U.K. coast for observing dolphins and whales. The most common species are the Bottlenose Dolphin and the Harbour Porpoise. With occasional sightings of Common dolphin and Minke Whale. The popular wildlife viewing area located at Chanonry Point host some spectacular displays of dolphins within the inner Moray Firth"

EDIT: Wait a minute, never mind...I forgot about the "Moray eel" :D ...we still need to get Juli to Photoshop some glasses on him.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:35 AM