Travis

My pregnant friend
paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 12:05 AM Quote
Don't know if anyone remembers me talking about this before, but there's more...

She asked my opinion for music to go on the background of a 4D scan they do of the baby and it goes on a DVD. You can choose the music to put on it, and Steph chose this song.

If you remember her story from before, then i think you'll find the song is absolutely perfect for it. I think so anyway :)

Re: My pregnant friend
paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 12:07 AM Quote
If you don't remember about this, here's the original posting all about this little story

varz
varz Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 10:06 AM Quote
4D scan? Wow - are they the ones where you see so much more detail? Thats cute you can get a song to go over the top of it!

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 10:46 AM Quote
A 4-D scan? Times the 4th dimension, so i'm guessing this is a build of of 3-d scans over the course of he pregnancy put together to see the feutus grow over the 9 months?

or are they operating using some einstenian coordinate orthagonal system rather than the conventional planer cartesian coordinates we know and love?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 3:36 PM Quote
I think it's the first one Moray...

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 3:38 PM Quote
Damn.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 3:39 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:

or are they operating using some einstenian coordinate orthagonal system rather than the conventional planer cartesian coordinates we know and love?

Er, what?!

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 5:03 PM Quote
Man, my unborn child got gipped! He didn't get any 4D/music DVD.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
MoraySwan wrote:

Er, what?!

My thoughts exactly, I didn't dare to say it though.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 7:56 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:

Ah, but Freya (the baby) isn't gettin a Travis boardie for a mother ;)

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 8:26 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
minnesotamary wrote:

Ah, but Freya (the baby) isn't gettin a Travis boardie for a mother ;)

Aw, how sweet. Yes, I'll have to create a post-delivery DVD for him...'My Eyes' will be his song **baby kicks**

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 9:00 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
moominbadger wrote:
MoraySwan wrote:

Er, what?!

My thoughts exactly, I didn't dare to say it though.

It's really quite simple,

Look at a graph, you can plot any area on the graph using 2 co-ordinates, x & y, "x" being horizontal and "y" being vertical. now imagine a 3d graph you could plot any point on it with a 3rd linear co-ordinate "z" for example ... "x" would be left and right, "y" would be up and down and "z" would be backwards (towards you) or forwards (away from you). Going by this there is no such thing as "4D", You have 2D films in a normal cinema, then 3D films Jaws 3D and U23D being a recent example where you feel you can see them as a solid object rather than a flat plane. Some scholars argue that the 4th Dimension is time, as objects can travel along vectors through time so it is only possible to plot a point if that point remains stationary. Other wise the co-ordinates of "x" "y" & "z" are only correct at the instance said point is plotted.

Dubz

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 10:30 PM Quote
So it's like 3D projections of the baby scans but presented over a period of time (Z)? Is that what it means by the 4th dimension?

melissa
melissa Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 1:35 AM Quote
she is sooo pretty!
but I have a doubt, u posted that she was pregnant on 28 february and in the video the little girl looks like a child of 2 years old.
hope u understand me, I couldn't find the right word!!

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Fri 28 Mar, 2008 1:48 AM Quote
melissa wrote:
she is sooo pretty!
but I have a doubt, u posted that she was pregnant on 28 february and in the video the little girl looks like a child of 2 years old.
hope u understand me, I couldn't find the right word!!

That's not her in the video. That's just the song she chose for her own video that's not been done yet.
And you chose the right words, i understood perfectly.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:24 PM