Travis

Re: Easter!!!! :D
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:48 PM Quote
haha i hear ya. it's good you noticed that and didn't follow in their footsteps.

:) everyone matters, everyone deserves to know they are loved.

rebekah
rebekah Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:52 PM Quote
exactly!!
i wish there were more good people in the world..and less bad i.e terrorists..

ParkAvePirate
ParkAvePirate Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:53 PM Quote
No church services for me, it is all about having family and friends over for brunch (and mimosas.)

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:53 PM Quote
for anyone interested i would recommend the free podcasts for 'mosaic'. (www.mosaic.org) it's where i go on sunday evenings. they meet at a nightclub! pretty cool and not all 'hell fire and damnation'! haha

rebekah
rebekah Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:55 PM Quote
hahahaha wow! wicked!!! there are sooo many cool churchey groups seriously!! :D

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:57 PM Quote
rebekah wrote:
Is the church you go to quite modern by any chance?
x

Oh yes very modern.

My pastor has even written a book about it.

I feel our church is very welcoming and accepting but still challenges everyone to grow and think through their difficult questions.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:58 PM Quote
I attend church only few times a year to make my mum happy. Plus I don't want my grandma to have a stroke. So yes, I'm going this week.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:59 PM Quote
ParkAvePirate wrote:
No church services for me, it is all about having family and friends over for brunch (and mimosas.)

Heh heh. What is funny is that we are actually going to church Saturday night since it'll be so crowded on Sunday. And so Sunday we can have a brunch where I'll be serving mimosas!

And Goosey, there is a church here called Mosaic. They meet Sunday nights (I think) and are all funky and artsy. Wonder if they are connected?

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 9:02 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
And Goosey, there is a church here called Mosaic. They meet Sunday nights (I think) and are all funky and artsy. Wonder if they are connected?

really?? very cool. i wonder if maybe that's a branch of it?? does the name Erwin McManus ring a bell at all? he's the pastor for mosaic...written a few books. (currently reading: soul cravings)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 9:02 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
do you also smoke pot ?

LOL. No. But sometimes people at church still smell like booze and I am pretty sure they came straight from partying to church.

i surely hope your priest drinks booze while attending the mass.

rebekah
rebekah Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 9:06 PM Quote
this is great! thanks everyone for giving their opinions...as you will soon find out i am a quite opinionated laydeeyy indeed..
Im also well impressed at the differnt kind of churches you guys go to..i.e Mosaic
it will be pretty packed on sunday..ahh well we can all budge up..and squish together!
i dunnoo..but i quite like the feleing of being a community...its odd..but thats me lol

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 9:14 PM Quote
My church is very community oriented. It is right in the neighborhood and there's only about 60 people on average each week. Everybody knows everybody very well. It's like a family. If you don't show up 2 Sundays in a row, you are likely to get calls, just to see if everything is okay. If someone in your family dies, the ladies come in droves with casseroles so you don't have to cook while you're grieving. I really like it. There's nothing fancy about it, it's just a great little church.

rebekah
rebekah Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 9:17 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
My church is very community oriented. It is right in the neighborhood and there's only about 60 people on average each week. Everybody knows everybody very well. It's like a family. If you don't show up 2 Sundays in a row, you are likely to get calls, just to see if everything is okay. If someone in your family dies, the ladies come in droves with casseroles so you don't have to cook while you're grieving. I really like it. There's nothing fancy about it, it's just a great little church.

That sounds lovely! I bet its great to b part of!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 10:11 PM Quote
I still go to church on a (mostly) weekly basis. I can't believe Easter's already here! Really snuck up on me this year.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 10:11 PM Quote
I don't exactly "celebrate" Easter, I'm just very grateful for the the two extra days off work!

Seriously though, I don't do religion...I went to a Church of England primary school and a Catholic sixth form, that was enough religion for me thank you very much.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:01 AM