Travis

NCAA March Madness
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 5:15 AM Quote
Has anyone filled out a bracket yet? Is anyone going to? Maybe we should have a boardie pool... the person with the most correct picks gets... I dunno.

Re: NCAA March Madness
Darran
Darran Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 3:13 PM Quote
All I know is that Kansas will walk it right up to and including 7th April.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 3:26 PM Quote
Sounds like fun, but I'm not actually allowed to fill one out because of my job... And UF didn't make it anyway, which is a bummer

pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 4:14 PM Quote
Excuse my ignorance...

What´s the NCAA March?

Not familiar with it...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 4:19 PM Quote
It's college (university) basketball.

Lauren, I would play along though I know NOTHING about basketball. It'd be fun to pick off of names and see if I even come close.

The prize could be a pony.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
Sounds like fun, but I'm not actually allowed to fill one out because of my job... And UF didn't make it anyway, which is a bummer

What job prevents you from filling out a bracket that has no tangible prize? (besides a pony)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
Yeah, fire it up Lauren, I'll shut my eyes and point at the screen and see what comes up.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 6:11 PM Quote
I'll play!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 7:12 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
ashleyb wrote:

What job prevents you from filling out a bracket that has no tangible prize? (besides a pony)

I'm an NCAA employee, with the UAA IT&C, so apparently it's quite illegal for me to do any sort of gambling with college sports, even if there's no real prize :( But I'm not a betting person, so it's not much of a problem.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 7:33 PM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
ashleyb wrote:

I'm an NCAA employee, with the UAA IT&C, so apparently it's quite illegal for me to do any sort of gambling with college sports, even if there's no real prize :( But I'm not a betting person, so it's not much of a problem.

OK that makes sense now.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 7:43 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

OK that makes sense now.

Yeah, it's not like i work at the mall and my employer just randomly decided we weren't allowed to fill out brackets or, I dunno, wear green on thursdays

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 7:53 PM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:

OK that makes sense now.

Yeah, it's not like i work at the mall and my employer just randomly decided we weren't allowed to fill out brackets or, I dunno, wear green on thursdays

I thought maybe you had a government job or something.

Hookers: OK

March Madness fun: Not OK

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 7:58 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
ashleyb wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:

OK that makes sense now.

I thought maybe you had a government job or something.

Hookers: OK

March Madness fun: Not OK

You know, I'm not sure what the policy is on hookers. I'll have to find out. But, if it's ok for government officials...

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:01 PM Quote
You know, I usually don't follow the NCAA. But I do fill out a bracket. I think everyone does that. I did pick G-Town over Kansas. Feeling like a bit of a traitor.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 6:22 AM Quote
Well, KU won, and I paid for my treachery with a shitty bracket. Lesson: Don't go against the home state.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:19 PM