Travis

Re: 3 Popular Songs You Don't Like Thread
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:04 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
There are just too many to name, so here are three popular songs I can't stand by bands I really like...

"Chasing Cars" - Snow Patrol...the whole song is just crap and it gets played on th radio here like it's their best song ever and they have so many better songs!!
"Talk" - Coldplay - It's just boring and the "let's talk...let's ta-a-a-alk" part at the end is lame. It's like he couldn't think of anymore words.
"Things That I've Done" - The Killers....this song is actually REALLY good but the "I got soul, but I'm not a soldier" part at the end blows! I don't know why but it totally ruins the song for me and I have to switch the station once that part comes on! LoL!

Good call!!!

I like Ways and Means personally but there are loads better than Chasing Cars

You know how I feel about Chris Martin & co.

I really like the Killers and that is a fantastic song (and vid) but the whole Soul/Soldier thing is just pish.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:04 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Some of these posts are breaking my heart! Disliking Hey Jude!? Hurt!? Under the Bridge? K, i have more heartbreak while reading the list but i guess i got over it bc ive already forgotten. Oh ya, I had deep deep Queen outrage.
So, here are 2 for now:
Believe- Cher
Desert Rose- Sting.

I know HeyJude she's cool who could hate her ?

I agree...I love "Hey Jude" and "Under The Bridge"!!

i don't know about under the bridge , never could get into post Hillel RHCP

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:10 PM Quote
Agreed, I could never see the "draw" of under the bridge, I did like their cover of Stevie Wonder's higher ground.

Dubz

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:16 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Agreed, I could never see the "draw" of under the bridge, I did like their cover of Stevie Wonder's higher ground.

Dubz

I can see why some people don't like "Under The Bridge"...it gets a bit over the top...but I personally love that song. Listen to the bass line. It rocks.

physke
physke Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:22 PM Quote
let it be - beatles
yesterday - beatles
hey jude - beatles

I don't like beatles...

physke
physke Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:29 PM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
Should be quite many I dislike but the one I loathe by heart currently is defo 'Dj Shantel - Disko Partizani'. God, this song is playing everywhere you go in Turkey. Even though when you are in a bus or waiting for metro, it would come out from someone as a ringtone.

Other I can think of at the moment are Mika - Relax and anything Amy Winehouse.

Disko Partizani is really irritating. I completely agree with you!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:31 PM Quote
physke wrote:
let it be - beatles
yesterday - beatles
hey jude - beatles

I don't like beatles...

O.o *gasp* What's wrong with you? lol.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:32 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

I can see why some people don't like "Under The Bridge"...it gets a bit over the top...but I personally love that song. Listen to the bass line. It rocks.

It's the riff I don't like, it's become pretentious to me

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:35 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

It's the riff I don't like, it's become pretentious to me

Dubz

yeah higger ground was pretty rad , same as the remake of castles in the sand but dam they were such a kick ass live band

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 12:16 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Sailing - Christopher Cross.

ARGH!

Ooops. That is the second time I've posted that song. I guess it's just that annoying...

Mullin
Mullin Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 2:17 AM Quote
Anything by Scouting For Girls, so I'll say: -
She's So Lovely
Elvis Ain't Dead
Heartbeat

TK23
TK23 Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 4:29 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

"Things That I've Done" - The Killers....this song is actually REALLY good but the "I got soul, but I'm not a soldier" part at the end blows! I don't know why but it totally ruins the song for me and I have to switch the station once that part comes on! LoL!

I'm shocked! I absolutely love that part.

Actually, I'm shocked by every mention of The Killers, Muse too! You crazy people, you. Or maybe I just have an awful taste in music ; )

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 5:07 AM Quote
Heh, I like that part too. *shrug* But I never said I had good taste :D

I wouldn't know a popular song if it fell out of the sky and knocked my unconscious. How about that Katy Perry Song? I don't like that song...or that one about the dude that steals his girlfriend's car from the trailer park...yeah. That one!

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 5:07 AM Quote
Heh, I like that part too. *shrug* But I never said I had good taste :D

I wouldn't know a popular song if it fell out of the sky and knocked my unconscious. How about that Katy Perry Song? I don't like that song...or that one about the dude that steals his girlfriend's car from the trailer park...yeah. That one!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 5:12 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
.or that one about the dude that steals his girlfriend's car from the trailer park...yeah. That one!

bye bye miss american pie ?

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:39 PM