Travis

The Bachelor -
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 2:55 PM Quote
I don't watch this show. Except for the first night of every season. I absolutely LOVE watching these ladies who have put makeup on with trowels throw themselves at a guy they just met and say things like, "he's the one for me! I just know it" or "I'd marry him tonight!"....only to be cut 20 minutes later in the show. Frankly, it makes me laugh EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Last night season 7897 premiered. The Bachelor is some guy from London. This adds some embarrassment for me as an American that this women are presented as the cream of the crop when most of them are repulsive (to me) and look 10 or more years older than they actually are. My expectations were exceeded, esp. by a certain woman who proceeded to get smashed drunk, stuff her panties in the guy's pants, and say the following line, "I want to invent a pharmaceutical that cures something no one has ever thought of before."

Another highlight was a woman who was bored with a political conversation he and another contestant were having so she grabbed a beer can and pierced it with her teeth. She tore part of the can, handed it to him, and said, "here is something to remember me by."

The Bachelor

Re: The Bachelor -
ParkAvePirate
ParkAvePirate Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 5:56 PM Quote
Oh man, that is awful! I normally never watch Bachelor/Bachelorette shows but I found myself getting sucked into Rock of Love (which kills a bit of my soul.)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 5:59 PM Quote
ParkAvePirate wrote:
Oh man, that is awful! I normally never watch Bachelor/Bachelorette shows but I found myself getting sucked into Rock of Love (which kills a bit of my soul.)

I've watched bits of Rock of Love. It takes skanky to a whole new level.

th74
th74 Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 6:17 PM Quote
I don't watch this show, but it amazes me that the show is still promoted as someone trying to find "the one" or "love". Come on, let's just put it out there that these people are just looking for the publicity or their "big break". Ugh.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:44 PM