Travis

Re: bbc2
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 11:45 PM Quote
Davie_G wrote:
I'd have gone for "gash" myself, but hey!

Sorry but I'm with Dave on this one, uninspired. Fran does not have the vocal range for it. Although the bits with the 3 of them sounded not bad.

A good attempt though, better than I thought it was gonna be. 6/10 with 9/10 for effort

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 11:50 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Davie_G wrote:

Sorry but I'm with Dave on this one, uninspired. Fran does not have the vocal range for it. Although the bits with the 3 of them sounded not bad.

A good attempt though, better than I thought it was gonna be. 6/10 with 9/10 for effort

Dave was talking about Stereophonics

Davie_G
Davie_G Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 11:50 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Davie_G wrote:

I meant the phonics, in response to the Welsh comment! Dontcha hate it when you don't quote and somebody posts something in between?!

Though now you mention it, I thought Travis were a bit.. bland.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 11:52 PM Quote
Yes

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 11:52 PM Quote
I mean...

Davie_G wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Davie_G wrote:

I meant the phonics, in response to the Welsh comment! Dontcha hate it when you don't quote and somebody posts something in between?!

Yes

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 11:58 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Davie_G wrote:

Disagree , Fran had every bit the vocal range for it. It was fab fab fab

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 11:59 PM Quote
Yeah, i thought Fran did well. It's gota be difficult squaring up to 'the greatest band ever'. Apparently, at least

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 12:03 AM Quote
the people calling it 'Lonely Rita' - probs my fault, I've been calling it that in posts all day. Is stupidity an excuse?! hope so!!

Probably one of the weak links on the album, was done well enough & I think Fran's vocal range is fine. Think the whole prog fell flat personally, I found it a but drab and definately not just Travis, it was nice to see them!!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 12:04 AM Quote
I thought Travis did really well. Phonics seemed good to me too. I mean I don't expect any of them to par with The Beatles - and I don't think any of the bands themselves thought that either. After all, they can't out-beatles The Beatles - these bands have their own styles, so they just got to apply themselves how they can. Seemed to put up as good a performance as they could.

So I'm presuming this is all gonna be put on a CD then? Do the sales go to charity or something?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 12:06 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Yeah, i thought Fran did well. It's gota be difficult squaring up to 'the greatest band ever'. Apparently, at least

I'm not sayingit wasn't a good attempt, but sometims you gotta know your limits...

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 12:07 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
So I'm presuming this is all gonna be put on a CD then? Do the sales go to charity or something?

not sure - doesn't Michael Jackson own the rights to the songs, preventing them from ever being covered or something? Know it's pretty random but I'm sure there's something barring any commercial release.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 12:08 AM Quote
Mikko85 wrote:

not sure - doesn't Michael Jackson own the rights to the songs, preventing them from ever being covered or something? Know it's pretty random but I'm sure there's something barring any commercial release.

Maybe coz it was crap? hahaha, sorry but i didnt rate them covers.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 12:10 AM Quote
I thought Travis did really well. Phonics seemed good to me too. I mean I don't expect any of them to par with The Beatles - and I don't think any of the bands themselves thought that either. After all, they can't out-beatles The Beatles - these bands have their own styles, so they just got to apply themselves how they can. Seemed to put up as good a performance as they could.

This would have been my arguement for not doing straight covers, I mean it's karaoke isn't it??

If the bands had been allowed to put there own spin on things I think we'd have a much better program.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 12:32 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Mikko85 wrote:

Someone who's not afraid to speak their mind. I like it! :)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 03 Jun, 2007 12:33 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Mikko85 wrote:

Someone who's not afraid to speak their mind. I like it! :)

Aw cheers! =D

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:47 AM