Travis

Re: favourtie travis song?
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 6:22 PM Quote
varz wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
varz wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
All I Wanna Do is Rock is the best Travis song ever FACT!!!

Dubz

Agreed!

This must be my lucky weekend, that's two people who have agreed with me, I met a girl outside Nealon's last night who also thought Falling Slowly is at best a mediocre song.

Dubz

More people should appreciate All I Wanna Do... Its just so good!

I like it because it is so "rock", it's what original "indie" sounded like to me. It sounds raw and there's an energy to it that isn't on the later stuff, I really would have preferred if they had followed this route instead of the "wishy-washy" type of stuff they are producing now, although The Boy With No Name does have it's moments, it's still in my opinion nowhere near as good as Good Feeling, I feel the later stuff has become sort of "Coldplayesque" and I always thought that Coldplay were always Radiohead toned down and packaged for the masses.

*Disclaimer*
btw to all new fans, this is only my opinion, and does not in anyway detract from your liking of the newer stuff.

Dubz

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 6:33 PM Quote
Dubz, I think I'm with you on that one! Are we the only two people on here that don't really like Travis these days? lol

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 6:36 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Dubz, I think I'm with you on that one! Are we the only two people on here that don't really like Travis these days? lol

haha, I think there's a couple more peeps but hey, each to their own, live and let live and all that malarky.

*Don't want to upset Fran again*

Dubz

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 7:13 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
varz wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
varz wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
All I Wanna Do is Rock is the best Travis song ever FACT!!!

Dubz

Agreed!

This must be my lucky weekend, that's two people who have agreed with me, I met a girl outside Nealon's last night who also thought Falling Slowly is at best a mediocre song.

Dubz

More people should appreciate All I Wanna Do... Its just so good!

I like it because it is so "rock", it's what original "indie" sounded like to me. It sounds raw and there's an energy to it that isn't on the later stuff, I really would have preferred if they had followed this route instead of the "wishy-washy" type of stuff they are producing now, although The Boy With No Name does have it's moments, it's still in my opinion nowhere near as good as Good Feeling, I feel the later stuff has become sort of "Coldplayesque" and I always thought that Coldplay were always Radiohead toned down and packaged for the masses.

*Disclaimer*
btw to all new fans, this is only my opinion, and does not in anyway detract from your liking of the newer stuff.

Dubz

You have the right, Mr. Dubz, to feel that way about Travis' music after Good Feeling if you wish. However, for me it's the complete opposite! Although I love every album, if someone forced me to rank them, I'd have to put Good Feeling at the bottom. I just feel that they've improved so much musically and lyrically since Good Feeling and are a much better band now.
And as Chris Martin said himself, Travis invented Coldplay. Not the other way around.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 7:28 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

haha, I think there's a couple more peeps but hey, each to their own, live and let live and all that malarky.

Dubz

Lol have you upset Fran before??

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 7:40 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

You have the right, Mr. Dubz, to feel that way about Travis' music after Good Feeling if you wish. However, for me it's the complete opposite! Although I love every album, if someone forced me to rank them, I'd have to put Good Feeling at the bottom. I just feel that they've improved so much musically and lyrically since Good Feeling and are a much better band now.
And as Chris Martin said himself, Travis invented Coldplay. Not the other way around.

I agree they have become technically better musically and lyrically but I think with that they lost some of the raw edge which appealled to me in the first place.

I didn't mean that they were copying Coldplay per se, but rather that they were all a part of that whole "scene", Coldplay, Stereophonics, ballady type stuff, which I find is a lot more acceptable than any of the above mentioned bands earlier stuff, for me it would have to be when they starte covering stuff, Hit me Baby One More Time is a novelty record at best akin to Mike Flowers Pops version of Wonderwall, and Kelly Jones even thinking he could pull off Rod Stewart's Handbags and Gladrags, jaysus how much dope had he smoked, seriously listen to The Bartender and the Thief and then Handbags and Gladrags and tell me there is no difference, they shifted their music to suit a market and I think Travis did the same to a lesser extent, but hey it pays the bills and their are a million unknown artists out there who have stuck to their convictions. Also just because a band develops in a way I don't agree with does not make it wrong, it just means I don't like it and should get over it, That said I do feel Travis could have been an absolutely brilliant "Indie" band.

Dubz

varz
varz Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 7:45 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Dubz

I'm with you on this too, Good Feeling is, in my opinion, the best Travis album. It completely changed the way I looked at music!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 7:47 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

I sorta get the feeling I annoyed him a little with my ranting about McCartney...

here

Dubz

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 7:53 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

I sorta get the feeling I annoyed him a little with my ranting about McCartney...

here

Dubz

Oh yeah that thing...

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 9:29 PM Quote

Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
Closer
Writing To Reach You

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 9:44 PM Quote
My fav is probs Writing to Reach You.

My other favs are Slideshow, All I Want To Do Is Rock, Closer, As You Are, Side... actually, I'm just gonna end up listing all of them so I'll shut up now.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:10 PM Quote
peace the fuck out , currently

Re: favorite Travis song?
missmoo
missmoo Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:55 PM Quote
I'm rather liking Indefinitely at the mo, hard to choose a favourite though.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:56 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
My fav is probs Writing to Reach You.

My other favs are Slideshow, All I Want To Do Is Rock, Closer, As You Are, Side... actually, I'm just gonna end up listing all of them so I'll shut up now.

Hahaha...that's how I feel. Honestly, I can't pick ONE favorite. I have several favorites and they change all the time.

Kuh
Kuh Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 11:30 PM Quote
Sing

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:13 PM