Travis

Re: New Album
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 2:22 AM Quote
Yes, you're right, he answered the question as much as he could but I think that if Fran did have a release date, he wouldn't have said it. Not yet and not like this.

And with the digital release thing, I really think it would be a bad thing for the band to do. Obviously it'll be on itunes etc eventually but none of this Radiohead stuff I hope. Release it properly with proper promotion. They can't do that with Dougie being away. That's what I think anyway.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 2:29 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Yes, you're right, he answered the question as much as he could but I think that if Fran did have a release date, he wouldn't have said it. Not yet and not like this.

And with the digital release thing, I really think it would be a bad thing for the band to do. Obviously it'll be on itunes etc eventually but none of this Radiohead stuff I hope. Release it properly with proper promotion. They can't do that with Dougie being away. That's what I think anyway.

"Yes, you're right", Those are 3 words I can never hear enough ;)

Digital release would suck big ones for me as I've not crossed over to the darkside. I've no ipod, never seen itunes, none of that. I like my cd's dammit!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 2:38 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

"Yes, you're right", Those are 3 words I can never hear enough ;)

Digital release would suck big ones for me as I've not crossed over to the darkside. I've no ipod, never seen itunes, none of that. I like my cd's dammit!

Me too!!!!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 3:01 AM Quote
I always buy CDs. Only downloaded 1 album and that was a live album that was download only. I don't buy singles at all.

But I love my iPod. I'm doing this message on my iPod right now. It's nearly as quick as a proper keyboard and its so quick and easy to hear whatever song you want. Its great. But don't confuse that with digitally released music. I share your opinion on that totally as I think many people do. CDs won't go, not for a long time yet. I can type this as I listen to Travis!

Oh and if you've never seen iTunes, how do you know you don't like it. There's some great podcasts out there.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 3:09 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I always buy CDs. Only downloaded 1 album and that was a live album that was download only. I don't buy singles at all.

But I love my iPod. I'm doing this message on my iPod right now. It's nearly as quick as a proper keyboard and its so quick and easy to hear whatever song you want. Its great. But don't confuse that with digitally released music. I share your opinion on that totally as I think many people do. CDs won't go, not for a long time yet. I can type this as I listen to Travis!

Oh and if you've never seen iTunes, how do you know you don't like it. There's some great podcasts out there.

The only time I've ever listened to iTunes was once at work, becuase we use Macs and it comes with iTunes on it already I guess. I listened to that Travis Man Who podcast. Loved it!! But yeah...I'm all about CDs.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 3:18 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I don't buy singles at all.

On Cd or digital?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 3:41 AM Quote
Neither. I don't buy singles at all. Very, very rarely maybe.

I have that podcast you mention on here but not heard it yet. There are some terrible ones of course as with anything but some are great. I subscribe to about 10 podcasts which immediately download to itunes and then my iPod. Sometimes I done realise I have a new episode until I see it on my iPod. Its great. I'm typing this right now on my new iPod touch which arrived today and I've got 'Safe' on as I do it!

When I want to listen through my stereo I'll get a cd out of my cd rack which is proudly stood against my wall. But at times like a holiday, which is why I got my old iPod 2 years ago, its really great. I've ended up using it everyday and I think its had a positive effect on me with the music I enjoy. My dad's having my old one! Haha. Definitely recommend one because its great but you don't have to start downloading music. I don't.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 3:41 AM Quote
Whoops. Triple post. Need more practice with it obviously. Haha.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 3:42 AM Quote
Edit. Gone! Haha. Right, enough playing around with my new gadget, off to sleep for about 4 hours! Not good.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 11:28 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

I have that podcast you mention on here but not heard it yet. There are some terrible ones of course as with anything but some are great. I subscribe to about 10 podcasts which immediately download to itunes and then my iPod. Sometimes I done realise I have a new episode until I see it on my iPod. Its great. I'm typing this right now on my new iPod touch which arrived today and I've got 'Safe' on as I do it!

When I want to listen through my stereo I'll get a cd out of my cd rack which is proudly stood against my wall. But at times like a holiday, which is why I got my old iPod 2 years ago, its really great. I've ended up using it everyday and I think its had a positive effect on me with the music I enjoy. My dad's having my old one! Haha. Definitely recommend one because its great but you don't have to start downloading music. I don't.

I'm definitely a CD person, I just need to have a 'solid' piece in my hand but on the other hand I 've nothing against downloading stuff, especially things that are not available on cd. My biggest problem is time !! How the heck to yous all manage ?? I've got quite alot of stuff on my puter but to get it transfered on my mp3 player is another matter *sigh*

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 1:50 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I'm definitely a CD person, I just need to have a 'solid' piece in my hand but on the other hand I 've nothing against downloading stuff, especially things that are not available on cd. My biggest problem is time !! How the heck to yous all manage ?? I've got quite alot of stuff on my puter but to get it transfered on my mp3 player is another matter *sigh*

I agree. You can't beat a good old Cd! :)

For me, its the putting it to the computer from cd that takes time but as soon as you've done all that and got iTunes sorted, i find it doesn't take long at all. I don't know how other mp3 players work though. :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 3:12 PM Quote
well I guess it's that I can't be bothered spending time at the puter at home after a day in the office in front of a computer. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 3:43 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
well I guess it's that I can't be bothered spending time at the puter at home after a day in the office in front of a computer. :)

Well, that's understandable. I love what computers can do but I hate them. Haha. So frustrating. At least my mate's a computer freak. :)

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 6:47 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Ursina wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I agree. You can't beat a good old Cd! :)

For me, its the putting it to the computer from cd that takes time but as soon as you've done all that and got iTunes sorted, i find it doesn't take long at all. I don't know how other mp3 players work though. :)

I like more vinyls than CDs

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 9:34 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Oh and if you've never seen iTunes, how do you know you don't like it.

I never said I didn't like it, I just like my discs. Being that I'm technologically inept and very stuck in my ways, I don't have much desire to "cross over", so to speak. I'm not that old, but old enough that computers haven't even been prevalent half of my life, close but not quite.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:09 PM