Travis

New Album
81 Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 12:46 AM Quote
Dear Fran, when the new album? Tell me something...please!!!!
You're the BEST
(sorry for my english)
For me your best album is TBWNN, wonderful, exceptional.
Hi from Italy. 81

Re: New Album
RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 12:51 AM Quote
81 wrote:
Dear Fran, when the new album? Tell me something...please!!!!
You're the BEST
(sorry for my english)
For me your best album is TBWNN, wonderful, exceptional.
Hi from Italy. 81

Well, we want know about that too, but i don`t think Fran will answer your question.
Is probably August-September

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 1:07 AM Quote
Well, hopefully he will say something...

But he probably won't. August/September is most likely. :)

Fran
Fran Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 5:25 PM Quote
Hello 81, we are discussing this at the moment. Not being with a record company means, over the next couple of months, meetings will be had and ideas discussed as to when and how this record will get to you and everyone else. Having a new record securely in the can at this stage is very exciting.
The record will now be mixed. Keep an eye on the band section as we will be documanting the mix stage and the cut stage also. Danke.

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 5:31 PM Quote
The buzz behind this new album is incredible - they're very clever guys giving fans a taste of things to come and then making them painfully wait, haha! Patience, Patience!

milos
milos Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 6:17 PM Quote
I can’t wait to hear the new album. Especially after Dougie’s diaries!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 7:03 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
The buzz behind this new album is incredible - they're very clever guys giving fans a taste of things to come and then making them painfully wait, haha! Patience, Patience!

Lol, cynical, but so true! Oops... I mean, thanks for the info Fran!

RaZzZ wrote:
i don`t think Fran will answer your question.

*sniggers*

BenFilbert wrote:
But he probably won't.

*sniggers more*

It must be awesome having the power to make people look silly by just answering a simple question ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 7:25 PM Quote
No, I was right. He didn't answer. The question was when, which he didn't say. Haha. So I was right. But its great to get info like this. Thanks Fran. I look at that section every day. After hearing pretty much nothing throughout the whole of 2006, and very, very little during 2005, this past year has been amazing to be a Travis fan. And to be getting such a great album so quickly is a real treat.

81 Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 8:00 PM Quote
Thanks Fran, I will wait. 81

Alisha
Alisha Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 9:33 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
Hello 81, we are discussing this at the moment. Not being with a record company means, over the next couple of months, meetings will be had and ideas discussed as to when and how this record will get to you and everyone else. Having a new record securely in the can at this stage is very exciting.
The record will now be mixed. Keep an eye on the band section as we will be documanting the mix stage and the cut stage also. Danke.

It's lovely to see you around so often these days Mr Healy.
Honestly, it is.
Will you keep us posted about the record company issue?

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 10:56 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
Danke.

=D

fran, i love when you speak german, hehe.
btw, what about moving to berlin, anyway? are you still discussing it? was just thinking about that...
viele liebe grüße aus hannover! =D

/off topic, hrm ^^

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:14 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
Fran wrote:
Danke.

=D

fran, i love when you speak german, hehe.
btw, what about moving to berlin, anyway? are you still discussing it? was just thinking about that...
viele liebe grüße aus hannover! =D

/off topic, hrm ^^

Nein, Hamburg =)

the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
deebee wrote:

Lol, cynical, but so true! Oops... I mean, thanks for the info Fran!

RaZzZ wrote:
i don`t think Fran will answer your question.

*sniggers*

BenFilbert wrote:
But he probably won't.

*sniggers more*

It must be awesome having the power to make people look silly by just answering a simple question ;)

As benFilter i was right. He didn`t answer the question...

Fran wrote:

Vielen dank Fran!

accousticbug
accousticbug Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:32 PM Quote
can anyone not smell, at least the possibility of an early digital release? im suprised its not been mentioned before

i really wonder if another band could even make it work what with radiohead already doing it. might be accused of jumping the bandwagon, but then again what an amazing way to get that music out there and given to a wider audience. and albums of bands this popular nearly always leak on the net anyway.

on one hand id really prefer they didnt.. but theres another part of me that would like to see it happen

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:47 PM Quote
accousticbug wrote:
can anyone not smell, at least the possibility of an early digital release? im suprised its not been mentioned before

i really wonder if another band could even make it work what with radiohead already doing it. might be accused of jumping the bandwagon, but then again what an amazing way to get that music out there and given to a wider audience. and albums of bands this popular nearly always leak on the net anyway.

on one hand id really prefer they didnt.. but theres another part of me that would like to see it happen

Hi accousticbug,

It has been discussed here. I think the thread was called something like "Is Travis pulling a Radiohead?" or something similar. I really, really hope "Ode to J. Smith" is just a regular album. I'm so not on board with all this digital madness. I really should get an iPod I guess, but I just can't picture not holding a Travis album in my hands!!! I need cover art! I need lyrics! It will be a very sad day when this art form dies and EVERYTHING goes digital in my opinion. But the music is what's most important, and as long as I can listen to Travis in some form I'll be fine.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Fri 14 Mar, 2008 12:07 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
No, I was right. He didn't answer. The question was when, which he didn't say. Haha. So I was right.

You were right by a technicality ;) Given that he, himself, doesn't know the answer, he did answer his question in full. :)

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:53 PM