Travis

Re: Lunchtime!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 5:21 PM Quote
th74 wrote:
MoraySwan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Oh, indeed. What are you feelings about gravy? My feeling is that it should be considered a beverage and acceptable for drinking. Water, juice, milk, gravy.

May all your hopes and wishes come true..... with some Bovril

lol, Kayte, I think I'm heading to the UK later this year if you want me to pick some up for you! It sounds perfect for your gravy needs!

Thank you, but I think I prefer to make my own. Somehow I don't think the store bought stuff would be just like grandma used to make. I have a recipe that'll make your tongue slap your brains out!

th74
th74 Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 5:23 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Thank you, but I think I prefer to make my own. Somehow I don't think the store bought stuff would be just like grandma used to make. I have a recipe that'll make your tongue slap your brains out!

Are you kidding? Bring it on! I would love a recipe that would make my tongue slap my brains out!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 5:28 PM Quote
th74 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Are you kidding? Bring it on! I would love a recipe that would make my tongue slap my brains out!

It's a very secret recipe. A kind lady named Betty Crocker gave it to me. Perhaps you know her? (The secret is put half a pack of onion soup mix in when you cook your roast. Makes good gravy without being TOO oniony.)

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 5:30 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
It's a very secret recipe. A kind lady named Betty Crocker gave it to me.

haha this makes me think of an episode of FRIENDS with phoebe's grandmother's cookie recipe. her secret recipe by Neslie Toool-hooos. hahaha (tollhouse!) :P

Aletways
Aletways Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 5:39 PM Quote
It smells like food here at the office, it makes me hungry! Even though I already had lunch and it's 3.38 pm. I think I'm going to eat a cookie...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 5:44 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
It's a very secret recipe. A kind lady named Betty Crocker gave it to me.

haha this makes me think of an episode of FRIENDS with phoebe's grandmother's cookie recipe. her secret recipe by Neslie Toool-hooos. hahaha (tollhouse!) :P

Yeah, I remember that. Monica had made 20 batches of cookies trying to get it right and then they found out it was the Nestle Tollhouse recipe.

haz
haz Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 6:02 PM Quote

pb&j...again :/

i HATE making lunches so this is the easiest thing to get together in the groggy morning time.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 6:04 PM Quote
haz wrote:

pb&j...again :/

i HATE making lunches so this is the easiest thing to get together in the groggy morning time.

haha my brother takes that to school every day.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 6:07 PM Quote
Hubby took me to a Tex-Mex place. It's a really good place but their chicken quesadillas were awful. I'll stick to their tacos I guess.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 6:10 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
but their chicken quesadillas were awful.

i find most quesadillas at restaurants can be hit-or-miss. i like making them at home where i can control the crunch factor of the tortilla. :P gotta love the crunch!

ooh...quesadillas sound awesome for dinner. with beans and rice. sweet. thanks anne!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 6:24 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
but their chicken quesadillas were awful.

i find most quesadillas at restaurants can be hit-or-miss. i like making them at home where i can control the crunch factor of the tortilla. :P gotta love the crunch!

ooh...quesadillas sound awesome for dinner. with beans and rice. sweet. thanks anne!

It was surprising because everything else I've ever had there has been good. The chicken had that "out of a can" taste and the cheese was so drippy and tasted like ass. I really wondered if it was Velveeta. But I generally agree with you about the hit-or-miss-ness.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 6:25 PM Quote
Cheese so drippy it tasted like ass????

Hahahahaha

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 6:27 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Cheese so drippy it tasted like ass????

Hahahahaha

You misquoted me. I said it was drippy AND tasted like ass.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 6:28 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
It was surprising because everything else I've ever had there has been good. The chicken had that "out of a can" taste and the cheese was so drippy and tasted like ass.

ahh yes that delicate 'ass' flavor always appeals to one's palate! haha

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 11 Mar, 2008 6:35 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:

ahh yes that delicate 'ass' flavor always appeals to one's palate! haha

Lol! xD

It's 4.33 here, but I haven't eaten anything yet. I think there are some empanadas in the fridge.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:23 PM