Travis

hey all
brazilian girl
brazilian girl Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 2:48 PM Quote
i'm getting into a national challenge and i'd like to know if there could be some help of you!

thanks!

Re: someone who speaks french!!! help!!
kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 3:02 PM Quote
i tried, but sorry cant

Re: someone who speaks french!!! help!!
Andrew
Andrew Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 3:11 PM Quote
Sorry the clip's not clear enough for me.

If you could maybe tell us the context it would help

All I could make out was "it's called <name i couldn't make out>" and it's new(?)

...and then she says something about it being a few different colours: brown, white and blue maybe?

Re: hey all
Andrew
Andrew Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 3:13 PM Quote
It does however remind me of the old French listening exams in school where the quality of tape was about as good as that

brazilian girl
brazilian girl Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 3:14 PM Quote
well, this challenge has many different stuff, as professions, languages and stuff...

the latest one, is the meaning of this symbol:

http://www.dna2007.org/console/etapas/swf_questoes/idiomas_02_c_1ghgh4.gif

Travis on Sergeant Pepper's 40th year Radio 2 album tonight!
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 3:49 PM Quote
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/67/Pepper%27s.jpg/200px-Pepper%27s.jpg
Travis are on tonight doing one of the songs off of Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

I wonder which song out of these that they'll do?

1. Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
2. With A Little Help From My Friends
3. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
4. Getting Better
5. Fixing A Hole
6. She's Leaving Home
7. Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite
8. Within You Without You
9. When I'm Sixty Four
10. Lovely Rita
11. Good Morning Good Morning
12. Day In The Life
13. Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)

(Personally, I think that they'd do a mean Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds)

BBC Radio 2 Sergeant Pepper's 40th Anniversary Documentary
Quote:
SERGEANT PEPPER'S 40th ANNIVERSARY

Part 1: Saturday 2 June
2000- 2100

Part 2: Saturday 16 June
2000-2100

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the release of The Beatles' legendary album `Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band’, multi award winning engineer Geoff Emerick heads back in to the studio to demonstrate the innovative techniques employed for the recording at Abbey Road studios back in 1967.

Some of today’s most popular acts, including the Kaiser Chiefs, Razorlight, The Fray and Travis, join Geoff to witness and discuss how he first recorded the album tracks and record their own interpretation of one of the famous tracks, using the original analogue 4-track equipment.

We hear from the artists about the importance of ‘Sgt Pepper’ and listen in on the recording in action to see just how different the experience is for them.

You'll be able to watch performances from this unique event online and by pressing red from any BBC TV channel from 2100 on Saturday 2 June until Saturday 9 June.

You'll be able to see performances by Bryan Adams, Razorlight, Kaiser Chiefs, The Fray, The Magic Numbers, Stereophonics.

As well as Travis, also taking part are:- Oasis, Kaiser Chiefs, The Killers, The Fray, Magic Numbers, Stereophonics, James Morrison, Richard Ashcroft, The Fratellis, Razorlight, The Zutons and Bryan Adams. I've gathered these names together in one place after going through various sources of information in different places.

No information is known as to who has recorded what songs. But if anyone has any information, then please post a reply thanks.

I hope this album comes out on CD, or some good person on here records it to share with everybody please.

Travis on Sergeant Pepper's 40th year Radio 2 album tonight!
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 3:51 PM Quote
Why didn't this appear in a new post?

I pressed the button marked 'new post'?

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 3:59 PM Quote
its those dam gremlins again

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:03 AM