Travis

Vampire Weekend
Moray
Moray Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
Dougie wrote:
I am listening to vampire weekend, the dirty projectors, florence foster jenkins, very early bowie (66,67,68), the small faces.

Has anyone else picked up the Vampire Weekend album? I downloaded it at the last week after seeing them on Jools Holland and haven't been able to get it off the ipod since.

Just picked up a couple tickets to go see them in Oran Mor in Glasgow in May. Loving their work.

Re: Vampire Weekend
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 4:45 PM Quote
i've heard a few tracks and like what i've heard so far

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 5:06 PM Quote
Yeah, I think I'm going to start listening. I've seen them on MTVU a bunch. By the way, maybe MTV isn't completely lost. MTVU, their college channel plays really good music. Fuck, they actually PLAY music.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 5:13 PM Quote
Florence Foster Jenkins is a scream. Literally. I can guarantee you've never heard anything quite like her.

FloFoJen

ParkAvePirate
ParkAvePirate Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 9:34 PM Quote
Yeah, the album is great. I got tickets to see them when they are in Minneapolis (in April.)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 06 Mar, 2008 4:11 PM Quote
They are playing in Austin at the SXSW festival next week. Do you think I should go?

spid
spid Posted Thu 06 Mar, 2008 6:42 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Florence Foster Jenkins is a scream. Literally. I can guarantee you've never heard anything quite like her.

FloFoJen

Yuck - ghastly!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 06 Mar, 2008 7:02 PM Quote
spid wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

FloFoJen

Yuck - ghastly!

David Bowie is rumored to be a fan of her, also.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 06 Mar, 2008 9:05 PM Quote
Vampire Weekend will be the musical guest this weekend on "Saturday Night Live" here in the states. Also, I've only posted a couple of times and just wanted to say hello to everyone out there.

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 06 Mar, 2008 11:14 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
They are playing in Austin at the SXSW festival next week. Do you think I should go?

Having never seen them live, and on no basis other than enjoying their album, I would say 'yes'!

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 1:15 PM Quote
A work mate told me to download the album after he saw them on Jools Holland and i managed to get it a few days ago. It's really good, nice easy-boppy feeling about it. Not listened to it enough yet but there's one with Punk in the title that i really like

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:58 PM