Travis

Re: The Official Nighttiming Thread
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 6:44 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Oh, and I now love this song by your Columbia boys thanks to Sirius radio as well. Clicky.

They were in Lawrence tonight.

Shoot.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 6:45 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Oh! It was this one.

I'm sure the librarians on the board would appreciate it too.

That is one of the more steamier ones. I don't really look at the lyrics until I've listened to the record a ridiculous amount of times, and when I read the lyrics to that song I was like, "Whew! It's hot in here."

Who on the board is a Librarian?

LOL! I know!

Ummm...I think there are a few of them out there. I remember seeing a bunch of library pics in the "Let's see your work" thread.

Oh, and about that Vampire Weekend song...very Spoon-ish...don't you think??

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 6:46 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Oh, and I now love this song by your Columbia boys thanks to Sirius radio as well. Clicky.

I really need to look into getting a Sirius radio. I was looking at their website and they have BBC 1!!! I've got to look into a home player.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 6:47 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:
I really want a pet Dauchshund.

Those are cute little dogs, Lindsey. My friend has one named Toby. I've never had a dog, (I'm more of a cat person) but I like dogs! If I was going to get one, it'd be something small. Although, I do love Golden Retrievers and Yellow Labs. My co-worker and friend has a mix of the two breeds for a Leader Dog. He's such a cute and smart dog! My co-worker is disabled and uses a wheelchair, so the dog helps him get around, pick stuff up...whatever he needs. It's amazing what he's trained to do. He wears a little blue vest that says "Don't pet me. I'm working"...but I get a few pets in when no one is looking. ;)

:D I already have a yellow lab so I think a 90lb dog and a little dachshund would be so cute together!

Oooo is your boyfriend keeping the little kitty that was dropped off?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 6:50 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I really need to look into getting a Sirius radio. I was looking at their website and they have BBC 1!!! I've got to look into a home player.

YES! Radio 1!! Sometimes it's great...sometimes they play rap or pop shit. It depends on the DJ. If you do get it, the best stations are Alt Nation and Left of Center -- it's like Indie heaven. No Travis yet. *sigh* They are such an undiscovered gem. WHY DON'T MORE PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT TRAVIS? Alright. I needed to get that out. I'm good.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 6:51 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

I think Britt's voice is scratchier then Ezra's. They're whole demeanor is really different too. And VW has this overwhelming African influence. So to answer your question. No I don't think VW is Spoon-ish.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 6:53 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
Nikki wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:
I really want a pet Dauchshund.

Those are cute little dogs, Lindsey. My friend has one named Toby. I've never had a dog, (I'm more of a cat person) but I like dogs! If I was going to get one, it'd be something small. Although, I do love Golden Retrievers and Yellow Labs. My co-worker and friend has a mix of the two breeds for a Leader Dog. He's such a cute and smart dog! My co-worker is disabled and uses a wheelchair, so the dog helps him get around, pick stuff up...whatever he needs. It's amazing what he's trained to do. He wears a little blue vest that says "Don't pet me. I'm working"...but I get a few pets in when no one is looking. ;)

:D I already have a yellow lab so I think a 90lb dog and a little dachshund would be so cute together!

Oooo is your boyfriend keeping the little kitty that was dropped off?

Yes! He's keeping Copernicus! She's sooooooooo cute, I just love that lil thing so much! But she's freakin' crazy now and loves to attack feet, jump on you and sometimes even attempts to climb all the way up your body when you're standing. She thinks I'm a tree. lol.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 6:55 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I think Britt's voice is scratchier then Ezra's. They're whole demeanor is really different too. And VW has this overwhelming African influence. So to answer your question. No I don't think VW is Spoon-ish.

Well, I wasn't comparing bands. Just that song. Somethng about it has a Spoon vibe. That's what I thought when I first heard it at least.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 7:02 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Well, I wasn't comparing bands. Just that song. Somethng about it has a Spoon vibe. That's what I thought when I first heard it at least.

In that case. Yes, slightly.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 7:02 AM Quote
Alright. I see people across the pond starting to wake up I think, lol. Time for bed, ladies! I'm off! :) Nice chatting with y'all. Yay! I made it for longer than like 5 minutes! :P Bye.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 3:45 AM Quote
Hello this fine friday evening!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 3:47 AM Quote
Hey Linds! And everyone else nighttiming!

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 3:51 AM Quote
ashleyb wrote:

Hey Ashley! Haven't seen you around in a while. How have you been? Busy with school?

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 3:54 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
ashleyb wrote:

Hey Ashley! Haven't seen you around in a while. How have you been? Busy with school?

Yeah, school is trying to kill me right now. It was all summer, and the semester's just started up (well, 3 weeks ago) and it's going to be a rough fall. I've started research for my senior seminar- very scary!

How have you been? School alright?

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 4:04 AM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:
ashleyb wrote:

Yeah, school is trying to kill me right now. It was all summer, and the semester's just started up (well, 3 weeks ago) and it's going to be a rough fall. I've started research for my senior seminar- very scary!

How have you been? School alright?

Oh the same-I took school all summer too. But I have a week and half now before the fall starts so yay.
What are you researching?

Pages Previous 1...111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:36 PM
Thread Locked