Travis

Re: FAO of those sitting in front of space heaters
iraida
iraida Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 10:21 PM Quote
It is indeed 34 degrees ... cool

craftycathy
craftycathy Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 11:39 PM Quote
Cold AND snowing here. Pretty to look at, no fun to walk in.

mili
mili Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 7:21 AM Quote
We've had warmest winter ever and with the central heating and double (sometimes triple) glazing we're very warm and cosy indoors. No need for space heaters!
It's only -1 °C outside today, and that's cold for this year. I remember one winter about 20 years ago when it was below -30 °C for a couple of weeks before climbing to roaring -20 °C. The space heaters didn't come out even then.

Aletways
Aletways Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 5:16 PM Quote
I want winter.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 5:19 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:
I want winter.

Ah, shut up! haha

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 5:27 PM Quote
We just got another 4" dumped on us in the last 4 hours and it's still snowing. I moved my car so the plow can get through. I've been plowed-around the last 2 times, grrrrr. Since I am prepared this time, there will probably be no plow. I shoveled the majority of the sidewalk (we live on a corner, so we have quite a bit of sidewalk).

Heat may be uncomfortable, but at least you don't have to shovel it!

Aletways
Aletways Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 5:35 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
We just got another 4" dumped on us in the last 4 hours and it's still snowing. I moved my car so the plow can get through. I've been plowed-around the last 2 times, grrrrr. Since I am prepared this time, there will probably be no plow. I shoveled the majority of the sidewalk (we live on a corner, so we have quite a bit of sidewalk).

Well, you've got a point there! Still, I'd kill for some cold weather! Here in Buenos Aires the summers are getting hotter and longer! And our winters aren't as cold as they used to be, even though last year we had snow for one day (the first time in 80 years or something like that).

We've had some days whith over 40ºC on January! It's awful! When it's cold, at least you can put some clothes on...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 5:42 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Well, you've got a point there! Still, I'd kill for some cold weather! Here in Buenos Aires the summers are getting hotter and longer! And our winters aren't as cold as they used to be, even though last year we had snow for one day (the first time in 80 years or something like that).

We've had some days whith over 40ºC on January! It's awful! When it's cold, at least you can put some clothes on...

Let's see, 40ºC=104ºF. Yeah, that is hot. Too hot. You're right.

So, I guess what we're saying here is it's not fun to be too hot for too long, or too cold for too long. ;-)

Aletways
Aletways Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 5:55 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

So, I guess what we're saying here is it's not fun to be too hot for too long, or too cold for too long. ;-)

Deffinitely! Haha! =o)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 6:27 AM