Travis

do you tell the truth?
dee
dee Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 1:52 AM Quote
while drunk, are you truthful?

personally i'm generally embarassingly honest while drunk but then i have friends who it's impossible to ask their name and get a straight answer from them.

it would be interesting to hear from ye.

Re: do you tell the truth?
welshwill
welshwill Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 1:52 AM Quote
Yes...lol im too truthful when drunk :)) as I am now!!! How are you all?

dee
dee Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 1:56 AM Quote
welshwill wrote:
Yes...lol im too truthful when drunk :)) as I am now!!! How are you all?

ok, i'll but my hands right up now and say i'm drunk too, qu'elle suprise.

so yes, to answer, i'm good, currently.
might depend on answers to this poll thingy though

welshwill
welshwill Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 1:59 AM Quote
lol....ever been to brick lane in London? ive just been there for a curry ...quite dissappointed I must add...just been listening to my recording of Travis at Newcastle Uni 1999...such a good setlist! also watching Extras too! i love that show...

dee
dee Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 2:02 AM Quote
welshwill wrote:
lol....ever been to brick lane in London? ive just been there for a curry ...quite dissappointed I must add...just been listening to my recording of Travis at Newcastle Uni 1999...such a good setlist! also watching Extras too! i love that show...

nah, i'm afraid i've yet to make it to london. i've been very few places yet in my life, really gotta get on that and sort it.

god, you're multi-tasking quite a bit there...are you sure you're a man? ;)
i'm just home from being at a birthday party of somebody i really didn't know...oh well

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 2:04 AM Quote
I'm just a slightly more drunk version of me when i'm drunk. So yeah, i guess i'm truthful. I never hold back the truth

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 2:06 AM Quote
(Greetings, comrade!). "Do you tell the truth"...ah, one of those paradox-style questions where you can't get a sure answer. If you are a liar, you would say yes - and lie. If you are a truth-teller and say no...um, well you can't, because then you would have lied. Now if you are a liar and say no, you would have told the truth, but you're a liar so you couldn't. And if you always tell the truth and say yes, it would be impossible to know whether you were telling the truth!

Huh? Why's everyone snoring?

Sorry. I just find myself thinking about things like this. Especially at 2:00 in the morning. I was going to have an early night tonight too... http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/2-Sad.gif

dee
dee Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 2:06 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I'm just a slightly more drunk version of me when i'm drunk. So yeah, i guess i'm truthful. I never hold back the truth

so what i'm getting so far is that boys are honest drunks...and also hopefully generally honest

good good

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 2:07 AM Quote

I dunno, I'm usually too drunk to get anything other than nonsense and mishief out of...

dee
dee Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 2:08 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
(Greetings, comrade!). "Do you tell the truth"...ah, one of those paradox-style questions where you can't get a sure answer. If you are a liar, you would say yes - and lie. If you are a truth-teller and say no...um, well you can't, because then you would have lied. Now if you are a liar and say no, you would have told the truth, but you're a liar so you couldn't. And if you always tell the truth and say yes, it would be impossible to know whether you were telling the truth!

Sorry. I just find myself thinking about things like this. Especially at 2:00 in the morning. I was going to have an early night tonight too... http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/2-Sad.gif

it's like the riddle.
there are two paths with a guard at each. you may only ask one question. one guard will tell the truth, the other will lie. what do you ask of them?

dee
dee Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 2:10 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I dunno, I'm usually too drunk to get anything other than nonsense and mishief out of...

you see it's this nonsense and mischief thing thats coming to mind.
do you say stuff purely to get a reaction or because you mean it?

welshwill
welshwill Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 2:10 AM Quote
drunk drunk drunk

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 2:11 AM Quote
dee wrote:
Typing to Reach You wrote:

it's like the riddle.
there are two paths with a guard at each. you may only ask one question. one guard will tell the truth, the other will lie. what do you ask of them?

Yeah! I think that's probably where I got it from. It's cool. I'll try not to think about it too much at the moment though 'cos I do actually want to get to sleep some time tonight.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 2:11 AM Quote
This is deep (but interesting) for 2am! Well done dee for starting this up at this hour...

Now, what DO you ask of them? I can't be bothered thinking about it, so help my thought process off :)

dee
dee Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 2:12 AM Quote
i'm not gonna tell you guys the answer-that just spoils the power of the riddle.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:28 PM